River Steeping matches
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talk Angling User Bagging Machine

Default River Steeping matches

Open matches on the River Steeping will be run every Sunday from Nov 5th until the end of the season. everyone welcome..
    There will aslo be sweeps run on Wednesdays, if there is enough interest. first Weds one will be Nov 8th,
    Draw 9am prompt Wainfleet market place, fish 10am--3pm. £10 sweepstake.
    It wont be as easy to run the matches from now on- as the EA in all thier wisdom have taken out all the platforms on the match length, although they have put 5 new ones in on the School house bend, but doing this has not helped us at all--it makes it difficult to run an even match on this stretch.
    But there are still several areas of flat bank that can be used, it just means a bit more care and effort to set up. and parking will be more difficult.
    But as already stated we arent put off and will be pressing ahead with the matches.
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    Open matches on the River Steeping will be run every Sunday from Nov 5th until the end of the season. everyone welcome..
    There will aslo be sweeps run on Wednesdays, if there is enough interest. first Weds one will be Nov 8th,
    It wont be as easy to run the matches from now on- as the EA in all thier wisdom have taken out all the platforms on the match length, although they have put 5 new ones in on the School house bend, but doing this has not helped us at all--it makes it difficult to run an even match on this stretch.
    But there are still several areas of flat bank that can be used, it just means a bit more care and effort to set up. and parking will be more difficult.
    But as already stated we arent put off and will be pressing ahead with the matches.
    Good luck Derek keep the results coming in
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling tunna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    What possessed them to remove the platforms ?? where they un safe, and will they be replaced ?. Good luck with the matches Derek.
    PROLINE ANGLING PRODUCTS

Blog Entries

Typical E/A ,by doing something like that it looks as if they are actually doing something for Angling !!
    Look forward to seeing the results of these matches ,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by tunna View Post
    What possessed them to remove the platforms ?? where they un safe, and will they be replaced ?. Good luck with the matches Derek.
    Its a long story and I have been hassling the EA for the last two months or so about it. -but basically no club or local council would take the responsiblity for them, the EA`s stipulations were so strict it just wasnt practical, and on top of that -the public liability-they reconed it cost them £3000 a year to maintain them--which is debatable..-, my gripe with them wasnt that they took them out-it was that they had left the banks so steep there are places that are unfishable. and also reeds growing so far out that you couldnt get at the river to fish it-I keet on to them and eventually they got a digger in and cleared most of the reeds so you can get at the river where the bank is flat enough..I dont know if they were going to do it anyway-( which I doubt- as they havent for the last 10 years)or the fact that I kept moaning at them---there was 43 platforms on the stretch--they have put in 5 new ones at a cost of £5500 near a lay-by where you can park, I would have though that could have put 20 in for that price--but what do I know.

PS: I doubt I`ll be doing much good in the matches -as I seem to have lost the plot at the moment--maybe cos ive been thinking more about hassling the EA than my fishing.

Nov.5th result fished at Dovecote 10 anglers
    1st peg 4 Derek Skinner 11lb 9oz- 148 Roach 3.5m whip and punch
    2nd peg 8 Alec rawlings 10lb 2 oz Roach on walger and bronze maggot
    3rd peg 2 Brain Blackamore 9lb 13oz 1 Tench + Perch and Roach worm + pole
    4th peg 9 Ian Brodie 9lb 3oz-- 128 Roach, pole and pinkie
    5th peg 1 Dennis Houghton 8lb 3oz Roach --pole and pinkie
    6th peg 10, Don Green 7lb 11oz Roach and skimmers pole and pinkie.
    Next match weds Nov 8th --meet Wainfleet market place 8-30 for 9am draw.

Blog Entries

I bet they are all really pleased that you are preoccupied with the EA & only got 1 eye on the ball
    They must be cuffed to bits to not get totally stuffed 😆😆
    Keep it up Derrick blow by blow report next time
    Super Star
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    I bet they are all really pleased that you are preoccupied with the EA & only got 1 eye on the ball
    They must be cuffed to bits to not get totally stuffed 😆😆
    Keep it up Derrick blow by blow report next time
    Super Star
    Thanks Col--I actually nearly packed up after 2 hrs I only had about 20 small fish and everyone else looked to be catching, but I started to pick up the odd fish after 2.5 hrs and caught steady till the end.--pretty pleasing to win from a middle peg too. usually the end pegs are favorite. No one was more shocked than me when my weight was read, I tought I maybe had 7-8lbs.

Nov 8th Result - Dovecote,,, 6 anglers
    1st peg 2 Pete Harker 12lb 9oz -150 Roach pole and punch
    2nd peg 5 Derek Skinner 12lb 5oz -188 Roach 4m whip and punch
    3rd peg 6 Alec Rawlings 9lb 5oz Roach waggler and maggot
    4th peg 3 Denis Houghton 6lb 7oz pole and pinkie
    5th peg 4 Mark Cook 6lb 2ozz pole and pinkie , and worm
    6th peg 1 Len shucksmith 4lb 8oz, perch -pole and worm
    Conditions were perfect at the start, calm cloody and a steady run. Pete caught steady all match, Derek caught well for the first 1,3/4 hrs averaging a fish a minute, then it stopped running, and struggled only picking up odd fish the rest of the match.. Alec caught steady to start then caught well when it stood.