Match Box Trolley
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Match Box Trolley

I have a Match box but the bottom section is fibre glass. what's the best trolley for wheeling this down a mile of river bank? Also would you take a foot plate to the river or leave it at home?

Thanks in advance.

ETEC
    Just got back into fishing so please be patient

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything depends on the terrain you have to cross and what type of banks you have. My matchbox travels on a barrow/platform whenever it can and the footplate goes everywhere even if I know I'll be in the water on the platform.
    Is there a path? Are there fences or stiles to negotiate? Are the pegs cut out or are there platforms? Do you need a pole cos if you don't there's a lot of associated junk you could leave at home.
    If you know the river then picture your usual set up in the pegs and you should be able to work it all out.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Thanks Team Rattler, What barrow do you use. I mostly I will not be crossing stiles or fences. Just on the River banks and footpaths around natural venues?

Blog Entries

Etec I use a Preston shuttle with my Matchbox Pyramid it slots straight in to the adaptor that came with the trolley.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Single wheel daiwa barrow/platform. Has had its issues but nothing I couldn't fettle.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    Etec I use a Preston shuttle with my Matchbox Pyramid it slots straight in to the adaptor that came with the trolley.
    Hi Brian, does the box sit on the trolley with the bottom box against the trolley as on mine I have the 150mm base and that is made out of Fiber Glass and that is what I am concerned about as it may get damaged, or does this adaptor stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
    Single wheel daiwa barrow/platform. Has had its issues but nothing I couldn't fettle.
    Thanks Team Rattler.

ETEC

Blog Entries

Yes just sits on the fibreglass base. Had no issues so far.

Premium Angler Site Life Member Rick b's Avatar

I have the same box, for commercials it goes on my preston shuttle, for rivers it goes on a TFG single barrow thing.
    Why the concearn about the base, just lower the lgs to lift the base off the trolly, i also took a hacksaw to my shuttle adapter arm things and sliced the box section in half them slipped a peice of foam lagging around it box fits a treat and does not move an inch even if the shuttle almost tips over
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Premium Angler Site Life Member Rick b's Avatar

The base does sit on the shuttle but as said i only use the shuttle for commys which have nice paths, so no damge should come to the base at all, on rivers where the terrain is far from nice the box sits on its legs on the single wheel barrow
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    Yes just sits on the fibreglass base. Had no issues so far.
    Thanks Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Rick b View Post
    I have the same box, for commercials it goes on my preston shuttle, for rivers it goes on a TFG single barrow thing.
    Why the concearn about the base, just lower the lgs to lift the base off the trolly, i also took a hacksaw to my shuttle adapter arm things and sliced the box section in half them slipped a peice of foam lagging around it box fits a treat and does not move an inch even if the shuttle almost tips over
    Thanks Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick b View Post
    The base does sit on the shuttle but as said i only use the shuttle for commys which have nice paths, so no damge should come to the base at all, on rivers where the terrain is far from nice the box sits on its legs on the single wheel barrow
    Thanks Rick, Just the answers I was looking for. So for nice flat smooth venues you use a Shuttle and sit the base unit on it, then for rougher terrain you use a barrow. Just looked at some and have found a decent TF Gear one that has a mesh for the legs to sit on.

ETEC