Match top 3 Kit What Elastic - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good advice from Paul a simple cheaper way of buying elastic buy only What you need
    Bob if it's of any use to you my advice I use match tops for all my pole fishing (no1 removed) poke is balanced perfectly ,,IMO power tops make poles too heavy .
    Elastics are a Personal preference & I was quite late compared to some a lot of Anglers actually changing over to Hollows. I Was given a 1.000mtr Drum of Original Black Hydro by a company I was Repping for , although I sold thousands of ££££s worth into he shops i carried on using Solids for about another 4 years before I opened my box. The original Black Hydro was the Dog's doo day's .The only thing I didn't like was how thick it was !!
    Eventually i started experimenting with every new Elastic to hit the market ,Nothing came close unlike the Hydro that lasted for years never needed changing or cutting back ,unlike all the others that constantly needed checking around spiders or Stonfos .the quality just got worse ,the price just kept going up .
    Eventually i started drifting back to Solids, with Pulla Bungs (Old) type.for £2.i could do 3 kits .i can change all my Kits for £15 or buy 1 spool of Hollow for the same cost.
    I actually prefer Solid Elastics i use Preston Original Black no 8 , Preston Original Blue No10 & Future Purple 14/16 + 5 Tops only with Original Black Hydro
    I Change them all @ the end of year regardless if they need changing or Not
    I buy 5 x 8s . 5x 10s & 5 x 14/16s & £1.99each that's 15 Tops of each @ £29.85 total + 5 Hydro FOC .
    Colin

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would either get another cupping kit or lengthen your current one. Your power kits I wouldn't touch if they work ok. Removal of the match No1.....does it get you anywhere near the power kit length?
    Definitely the cupping kit for me....ask mates for any broken sections that could be cut up and glued on to get some length back. Don't cut top kits until you're 100% certain you need to as once it's done there's no going back.

Agree with Colin on the elastics 100%. Nothing wrong with solid elastic at all.
    Last edited by TEAM RATTLER; 12th January 2018 at 01:38 PM.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cyber Bully 😉
    Good point about the Cupping kit.
    I completely Forgot that one .i Made mine from Power Tops .I have 2 that I cut back to the same length as the Match Kit with Threads on to Screw pots on
    I also have a Heavy Duty Kit for those days when we put loads in or Want to Roll big balls of Groundbait in,
    that frighten the life out of you inch the pole out ,
    Watching that alarming bend developing in your precious pole waiting for that terrifying crack as the no 4 or 5 explodes 😨😡
    I also have 3 or 4 sit on adaptors that fit section 5 to 9 for when you want to hold everything still
    These are things that people like us do naturaly without thinking .
    Things that to someone not so experienced may seem Pointless or even acts of pure Genius
    But never the less just 2nd nature to some of us
    Colin

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky in that I got a Garbolino extending cupping kit with my G10 ten years ago and it's been a godsend. I've attached a wire loop at the base of the cup adapter so I can clip on a dedicated baitdropper lanyard. Simple, unobtrusive, but for me invaluable.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Talk Angling User Registered member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Col & Team Rattler Looking at the top kits I feel its not the direction to go cutting them down more so I would be gutted if something went wrong as for the match kit maybe it looks like has said by Col remove the No1 section and elasticated with middy sold say 8-10 threw top 2 and side puller.