Barston Peg Numbers.
register with talk angling fishing chat
    Talk Angling User Angling Giant
    Blog Entries

Default Barston Peg Numbers.

Hi guys

Caught up with Nigel today and he has confirmed our peg Nos.

There is another club booking of 15 pegs on the river side along with our 30 pegs. As we are the larger booking I had first call on which pegs we could have from 1 to 61.

I have decided to use pegs 20 to 61 as I feel these give the anglers a better chance of catching everything on all methods. Secondly the low numbers 1 to 8 can be very poor, and thirdly I was worried about the overhead branches (several pegs) that would cause a few problems with casting.

Although we have a bit of a walk it is all flat and easy to push a trolley - pegs 61 to 50 are better off driving down the road side and walking clockwise around the lake.

I have watched the final rd of the U.K. Champs today and it has been very interesting how the top anglers approach this venue. Match was won from peg 23 - 174lbs on hybrid / method. And A few more hundred pond nets throughout out peg range. 57 = 137lbs 52 = 134lbs

Should be good guys.

I will post the peg numbers I'm using on the next thread.

For the record - we could not have the road side as it is not booked for club matches - only the major companies use it when the whole lake is booked.

Tight Lines

AB

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

Thanks Roy,will get you half of best bitter next week,Iím a generous sort of chap.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Talk Angling User Done a Ton Solidgavlar's Avatar

Sounds spot on Roy 👍

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

my mate fished a match on there yesterday he had 109lb for 3rd peg 18 they had river bank... fished ok apparently fingers crossed not to many chilly nites till we fish it....