thread size - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thread size

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollysdad View Post
    Yeah donít know why I put P. I work with BSP so always on my mind 🤪🤪
    There is also BSPF (British Standard Pipe Fuel) similar to BSP & same on "GO" gauge but tighter on "NO GO" gauge!!

I work in quality control as an Inspector - now in the Hydraulics Industry, formerly in the Oil tool & Power Transmission Industries.
    Last edited by martin56; 1 Week Ago at 12:12 AM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

We've all gone to sleep and its good night from me as well
    John

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lambrettasx200 View Post

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Good thread this only wasted a week & 13 posts to agree 1st reply was correct 3/8 B.S.F
    Unfortunately Ben put B.S.P by mistake
    Enjoy your NAP John Sweet dreams
    Colin

Administrator PHD in Angling hurricane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find it hard to see why members feel the need to complain about the length or content of certain threads/posts,no one is forced to read them,if you find it not to your taste,repetative or just plain boring,pass it by. if anyone honestly believes a thread should just disappear into the archives,the easiest way is to NOT comment on it as this just keeps the thread going and at the top of the list,negative comments also discourage members from posting for fear of being derided or ridiculed and we get lots of comments about the lack of active members,perhaps a more sympathetic attitude might encourage more posts and activity.

Including this one there are only 14 posts on this thread, hardly war and peace when you think of some of the threads that run to 50+, yes it could have been a 1 post answer but the first was an error so it goes on a bit longer,if after the firs few you have lost interest,then there"s no obligation to open and read any further ones.

Maybe time to have a bit more tolerance towards other peoples posts,they are entitled to air their views and opinions the same as ALL of us.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    I find it hard to see why members feel the need to complain about the length or content of certain threads/posts,no one is forced to read them,if you find it not to your taste,repetative or just plain boring,pass it by. if anyone honestly believes a thread should just disappear into the archives,the easiest way is to NOT comment on it as this just keeps the thread going and at the top of the list,negative comments also discourage members from posting for fear of being derided or ridiculed and we get lots of comments about the lack of active members,perhaps a more sympathetic attitude might encourage more posts and activity.

Including this one there are only 14 posts on this thread, hardly war and peace when you think of some of the threads that run to 50+, yes it could have been a 1 post answer but the first was an error so it goes on a bit longer,if after the firs few you have lost interest,then there"s no obligation to open and read any further ones.

Maybe time to have a bit more tolerance towards other peoples posts,they are entitled to air their views and opinions the same as ALL of us.
    Whoops !!
    Naughty step for me then !!
    At least it gave you something to Moderate Pete ,LoL.
    It been ages since you had to tell anyone off.
    Glad to have woken our very own Censor .
    Have a Nice Day xx
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
    Apologies to those concerned for just trying to help!!.

Seems some would have this place as something of a "Closed Shop" & an Exclusive Gentlemans's Club!!
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Blog Entries

No Gentleman's Club Martin !
    John only pointed out that the Question had been answered almost immediately .
    why are threads like this allowed to plod on for ages & other threads discussing something interesting
    are often closed ,just because 2 grown men have a different perception of the thread (Debating} ??
    another trip to the Naughty Step i suppose .
    Colin

As Hurricane pointed out Col, one has the option to not read any further on subject matter they find boring rather than express Intolerance on the open forum & therefore publicly belittling members input.

Blog Entries

Col how often do we close a thread, not very, the fact of the matter its usually at the request of the raiser. I cant recall us closing a thread that was not getting personal or was just becoming a tit for tat thread. You have quite rightly stated that Pete had something to moderate, the first in some time. No ones on the naughty step, thankfully the days of having to take action has passed.

Blog Entries

Brian
    i thought that the membership had gradually come to accept .the difference between Regional sense of Humour ?
    most have !!
    Sadly it seems that there may still be the odd 1 that hasn't realised .
    As for the needless intervention reprimanding us & informing of what we should & Should not do.
    I dont think i should even start !
    What i will say is Dont try & fix something that ain't Broke
    Didn't work before & it wont work now
    Colin