Daiwa whisker 13' waggler
register with talk angling fishing chat
    Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth jimbo61's Avatar

Default Daiwa whisker 13' waggler

I have been clearing my shed out this morning and came across a Daiwa 13' waggler. I can't remember where it's come from!
    It has connoisseur waggler WTP 13W 13' (3.97m) in gold lettering on one side and Tom Pickering WHISKER KEVLAR Match on the other, also in gold lettering and it as a "flat" spot on the cork handle Can anyone tell me anything about this rod? It's in great condition, with its bag. Is it worth me putting it up for sale because I'll never use it. Cheers guys

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

It will sell quickly ,much loved rods with a cult status👍
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo61 View Post
    I have been clearing my shed out this morning and came across a Daiwa 13' waggler. I can't remember where it's come from!
    It has connoisseur waggler WTP 13W 13' (3.97m) in gold lettering on one side and Tom Pickering WHISKER KEVLAR Match on the other, also in gold lettering and it as a "flat" spot on the cork handle Can anyone tell me anything about this rod? It's in great condition, with its bag. Is it worth me putting it up for sale because I'll never use it. Cheers guys
    Jimbo a really good river rod circa 1990s only beaten by the Normarks imho. I still use the TP 8m whip and the TP 14m pole all made in Scotland. Worth at least 50 but possibly 100 depending on condition.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
    Jimbo a really good river rod circa 1990s only beaten by the Normarks imho. I still use the TP 8m whip and the TP 14m pole all made in Scotland. Worth at least 50 but possibly 100 depending on condition.
    I suppose I couldnt persuade you to part with that Tourney whip?

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

Think the TP stands for Tommy Pickering, not Tourney Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rjays View Post
    Think the TP stands for Tommy Pickering, not Tourney Pro
    Of course Rob it's a Tommy whip and cafe racer knows that but not for sale I'm afraid as it's the best ever. If someone offered me 200 for it I wouldn't sell it because it's unique and how could I replace it?

Use it every week on one particular venue and it's an extension of my right arm even looked at the Drennan 8m and I'm a great Drennan fan and it's great but not as good as as the Tommy imho. Unbelievable that a 90s whip is worth more than a
    Current whip
    John

That price is my estimated value of your rod not my whip. If it's in good condition it's worth a 80/100 on the dreaded eBay. Jimbo put it on the angling sites where you have no charges and see what happens.
    John