Old Dawia Connoisseur Canal pole - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Villa Hardcore Double Ton snake's Avatar

I was selling Maver Poles before the Hexa Col... The models I sold a lot of were the Lithium 151, Runner and Thema. Sammy Mann was using Maver poles in 1988, they came via East Anglia Rod Co, Phil Briscoe and Julian Pardoe

Talk Angling User Registered member

I don't remember a Conny canal pole specifically, what I do remember is loads of the silver butt WTP125 (and 14m extension) being used on the canal circuit of the south & east midlands.
    I fished for Team Image at the time and I reckon over 75% of the squad had the pole.
    I sold mine on to Tony from cornerstone for his son, when I bought my Tourny pro in 2007.
    In many ways I still wish I had kept it - slim, robust and with some action.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know East Anglian Rod company supplied Maver Poles.& had done for a While .
    What i should have said that the Hexa was 1st introduced before Maver Uk was formed by Bristow .
    with Clive Weldon as rep .
    Sammy Mann was using a Maver pole as Early as 1984,Brian Horsfall was the Agent for NWB From about 75 till
    Mid 80s
    Colin

Did East Anglian also supply poles for Olympic called the Spiralite?Who made them and what were they like?I vaguely remember them being issued to Olympic Izaak Walton?