Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

a decent pellet for feeding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a decent pellet for feeding.

im fishing viaduct on sunday,and the wagg and bomb,will be king.what are the best 6mm pellets for feeding.im not the worlds greatest pellet waggler man,but any help offered will be used!!im not really sure wether to feed hard pellet or expanders.whats the general consensus of opinion?
    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Creepy

high oil pellets are only allowed as hookbait I would suggest skrettings I spoke to Paul at Viaduct today and thats what they have been bought up on and is what they sell in the shop

I would stick with them mate

By the way im there next wednesday for the open then thursday friday practice and saturday fisho
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

I use skrettings all the time they are cheap when bought in bulk and catch fish.
      Steve Davies

Comment

Originally posted by D N W View Post
        I use skrettings all the time they are cheap when bought in bulk and catch fish.

Hi Steve, where do you buy yours from and how much do you pay?

Comment

personallly i wouldnt go as far up as 6mm , 4mm for me and the beatane green pellets are mint never go fishing without them

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
            Hi Steve, where do you buy yours from and how much do you pay?
            Hi mate i got them through this site of judd, it was £19 for 25 kilo plus £6 p & p. He does all sizes and other pellets as well.
            Steve Davies

Comment

skrettings for me

Comment

Originally posted by D N W View Post
                Hi mate i got them through this site of judd, it was £19 for 25 kilo plus £6 p & p. He does all sizes and other pellets as well.

Thanks, I get them for £24 in Gainsborough, so about the same with postage. Trouble is so many places make you buy theirs that come from the same place, such a rip off, it really annoys me!

Comment

You will be glad to know that when I get my venue up and running you will be free to use your own pellets! Although the quantity will be limited!
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by creepy View Post
                    im fishing viaduct on sunday,and the wagg and bomb,will be king.what are the best 6mm pellets for feeding.im not the worlds greatest pellet waggler man,but any help offered will be used!!im not really sure wether to feed hard pellet or expanders.whats the general consensus of opinion?
                    You want 6mm or 8mm hard pellets at Viaduct, certainly 8mm for the bomb and for the waggler if you need to get to the middle or an island or its windy. Hair rig a band or a lasso.

Comment

Originally posted by fishermans-friend View Post
                      personallly i wouldnt go as far up as 6mm , 4mm for me and the beatane green pellets are mint never go fishing without them
                      For distance work 4mm would limit things a tad at best I can only get them 20 or so yards and the spray pattern would be huge any further
                      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

must be honest i was thinkin with the fishery i fish in mind lol where islands are never more thn 11m away , btw know of any good "catties" most ive bought have snapped after a couple of slings.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                          You will be glad to know that when I get my venue up and running you will be free to use your own pellets! Although the quantity will be limited!
                          Lol, They'll only take the mick fella. you need to ban halibut pellets and trout pellets as feed, I promise you
                          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                            Pointless having limits Simon! Its not policeable mate and is just another rule to help the cheats in matches!
                            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
                              Pointless having limits Simon! Its not policeable mate and is just another rule to help the cheats in matches!
                              Im with Abbo on that one dont limit the pellet just ban the silly baits the high oil stuff that doesnt break down to well the halibuts and all the nuts, liquidised meats , most fish farms use pellets similar to skrettings they will be used to them, just let the anglers fatten up your stock, have containers between pegs so anglers have somewhere to offload the un used bait at the end of a match, that can then be used to feed the stock ponds.

fishermans freind I use the drennan frames with all my left over hydro that stuff rarely breaks
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X