Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

lobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lobs

whats the best way to keep lobs in the winter

Keep them in a cool place,garage floor or shed floor in a hessian sack,regular feed and take out any dead ones,don’t ever store them near Maggots as the Amonia from the maggots will kill them,also be sure to keep them damp,will last for ages if looked after.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
      Keep them in a cool place,garage floor or shed floor in a hessian sack,regular feed and take out any dead ones,don’t ever store them near Maggots as the Amonia from the maggots will kill them,also be sure to keep them damp,will last for ages if looked after.
      Might be a stupid question but are they slow to feed in the winter?Ive only started a worm box during the summer so Ive no experience
      with them during winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Fott View Post

Might be a stupid question but are they slow to feed in the winter?Ive only started a worm box during the summer so Ive no experience
        with them during winter.
        No such thing as a stupid question my friend,cold mashed potato everyday ,not huge amounts ,couple of tablespoons a day will suffice.
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Cant remember what its like to get the Lob on these days! lol
          HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post

No such thing as a stupid question my friend,cold mashed potato everyday ,not huge amounts ,couple of tablespoons a day will suffice.
            Thanks for that.MT

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
              Cant remember what its like to get the Lob on these days! lol
              Especially in a cold garage, resembles a button mushroom.
              River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

i dont have a garage and if i kkep them in the shed they will freeze, ive had them in the shed fridge over the winter before and when its really cold everything freezes in it

Comment

Go down to your local tropical fish shop. Ask them if they have any of the polystyrene boxes that the fish come in. Pop them in that with the lid on. Should insulate them and stop them freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick b View Post

Especially in a cold garage, resembles a button mushroom.
                    walnut whip even

Comment

Working...
                    X