Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

cheap groundbait/fishmeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap groundbait/fishmeal

hi guys, just wondering if any of you know where i can get hold of some good priced groundbait, after having a few bad days on the river,spending £s on groundbait, just hoping you might be able to recommend somewhere that sales groundbait for less than £3 a kilo,maybe if i was to buy in bulk, thanks..

go to your nearest bakers.ask them politely if you can have all the crumbs from the slicing machine.take them home,pop them in the oven for no more than 10 mins,and then blend them all up.perfect breadcrumb,and free!! also ask at your nearest supermarket.
    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Well i use layermash from pet food store really cheap i think it comes in 20 kilo bags cant remember how much it is as i,m still using last years bag that i bought.

Comment

years ago i used to get sacks from sunblest bakery of old bread until the asians realised they could charge you[tight gits],you have to be carefull there isnt any broken blades in the bags.layers mash is also brilliant you can get it from most pet shops and its well cheap.there is a pet supplies near me g.j.w.titmuss ltd new mill lamer lane wheathampstead herts.al4 8rg phone 01582 832272 they do20kgs of pure breadcrumb £15 aprox they do everything mate give them a ring,i am not connected in any way with this firm just trying to help you out mate KEV

Comment

Titmuss are well recommended, I use them because they do bulk ferret food too.....

Watch their postal costs though. I believe it is calculated not just on weight but on the number of items too.

Comment

so with this layermash, do i have to blend it up or is it ready to use like groundbait

Comment

them 99p shops do fishmeal and powdered maize in 1k bags, they allso sell pellets you could grind up if you like.

Comment

You can just use it the same as ground bait just add what you want to it and away you go.I add corn ,pelets and,hemp to mine when fishing works a treat.

Comment

Is this the stuff, Fishster?
                  Because it's half the price of bulk Brown Crumb and i can pick some up just down the road.....
                  Countrywide - Product details

Comment

yes m8 thats it go for it.Let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishster View Post
                      yes m8 thats it go for it.Let us know how you get on with it.
                      Got 30kg crumb to plough my way through first, but when that's gone, I will.

Comment

ok m8 no worries

Comment

Yes get on the layers mash - should be about £6.50 for 25KG - you might need to add some binder to it though.
                          Simon Young
                          Admin
                          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

What would you recommend as a binder, Simon?

Comment

Originally posted by droid View Post
                              What would you recommend as a binder, Simon?
                              Get a bag of Vitalin from a petfood place. It is great as a groundbait on its own, but is pretty sticky if you want to add it to crumb.
                              Also, it smells meaty, so is a good substitute for fishmeal and, it is quite cheap.
                              The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                              Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                              Check out:
                              www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                              log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X