Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Floating Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Bread

Hi All.
    I have a problem when fishing floating bread, when shipping out it drops off or when it's been in the water a couple of minutes it just floats away, yet I hook it through the crust, what am I doing wrong.
    Jeff.
    The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Get some magic bread it's brill!

Comment

try putting the hook through and rapp it round once or twice and stick the hook back through and pinch the bread that method works for me

Comment

cut a one inch piece of bread with the crust left on then shove youre baiting needle through the bread side then into the crust your hair will then pull into the firm crust use warburtons extra thick
        nige cooke

Comment

First, make sure the bread is fresh and dense like Warburtons and hair rig it, I normally punch out a coule of discs from the middle, just bigger than a dog biscuit that I feed and use spagetti as a hair stop. Also try a biscuit or 12mm floating pellet on the hair. Make sure it doesn't touch the water as you ship out, I normally use 2 to 3ft of line and hold pole or put on rest so the hook it just on the water with all the line held above. If using a longer line, hang your bait round a cable tie as you ship out.

Comment

Use flake - tear off a piece, fold it and co,press the fold slightly on the crease, then simply hook it through the compressed bit. It will then usually open out once on the water and the fish will suck it in much easier than crust
            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Punch out discs of bread (white bit only). Put a size 12 through it against the grain and it should stay on. No need to strike, just wait for the fish to rip out the elastic...

Comment

Ever thought about making a bit of floater cake for the hook?
                [URL="http://www.nsabaits.com]www.nsabaits.com[/URL]

Comment

Bread is too inneficient as a floating bait,mixer's are by far the best in my exp.you can keep 'dobbing' it in front of seen fish,and when u get it hooked in the right way an 80-90% 'hooked to sucked' ratio can be achieved.

Comment

Your not doing anything wrong Jeff, bread isnt easy to use as a floating hookbait.
                    First try hooking like the lads say above, plus put it into a tosspot/kinder pot type thing just like fishing paste.
                    If it stays on the hook long enough for a fish to take then all is good, but in my experience surface fishing with bread is a pain in the butt! If you connect with 1 out of 10 swirls/mouthing then you're lucky. Give fishing sinking bread a go and I am confident saying you wont put another bit of bread on top again. I punch out 10p size discs from a medium sliced loaf, squeeze it flat so all the air is out (so it sinks). Then fold it in half, hook it in the fold then open it out again making sure once again all the air is out. Pop it in your tosspot and drop it in. Keep carefully lifting the bread to the surface and let it drop through the surface layer (12 inches to 2 feet at most). We have all seen carp scoffing a bit of bread falling through the water without a care, and the takes are amazing!! its like using a 13mtr tip rod lol.

Neilio.
                    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

Thanks all for you help, will try your suggestions.
                      Jeff.
                      The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Working...
                      X