Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pellets 1st timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellets 1st timer

if you want to pump pellets with gelatine in the water do you use 1 sheet to 1/4 pint of
    warm water and how many times do you pump
    i want to make soft feed pellets like they sell in the shops & a few hook baits
    cheers worms

Getting jelly pellets from expanders is all down to trial and error.
    Try doing double the recommended amount of gelatine/sheets to boiling water, pump your expanders as normal till they sink. Leave them for a minute and drain, pop them in a bag and into the fridge overnight. In the morning you will have nice tough rubber bouncy pellets.
    Best to have a go now before the weekend and experiment till you find the right combination. Dont forget to write it down too.

Good luck,

Neilio.
    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

advice

any more advice please
      cheers worms

Comment

i find that the best way to make soft pellets is to buy a bag of hard feed pellets and soak them in water for 20-30 seconds then immediatly empty them out of the water and put them into a tied up freezer bag then put them into the fridge....in the morning they should/will be perfect for the hook !! i use this tecnique every time and it hasnt failed yet....you could also even add flavourings to the pellets for example i sometimes add 2 sprays of scopex as i find this sometimes helps but not essential.
        Hope this helps !!
        [CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
        [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
        [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

Comment

put sum hard pelets in a bait tube and cover them with water and what ever flavourings u want, you want about a quater of an inch of water over the top of them. after 30 minutues put a lid with a few small holes on and flip them over for 30 minutes. put them in a bag and put them in the fridge and they will be perfect. give it a try
          licence dodger

Comment

Hi Worms the way i do this is put my hard pellets in a tub .And just cover them with water so its just above the pellets put the lid on and place in the fridge before going to bed.When you get up in the mornin give the box a shake and the job is a good one.You can do this with micros 4mm 6mm any size pellet hope this helps worms mate

Comment

Hi Worms the way i do this is put my hard pellets in a tub .And just cover them with water so its just above the pellets put the lid on and place in the fridge before going to bed.When you get up in the mornin give the box a shake and the job is a good one.You can do this with micros 4mm 6mm any size pellet hope this helps worms mate

Comment

Originally posted by marginman1 View Post
                doing this do you still add jellyteeni arw you doing this with anytype pellet or a certain type

Comment

To make jelly pellets all you need is jelly or gelatine. Boil the jelly up as normal or make it stronger if you want by adding less water or double the jelly. When its all melted turn the heat down, add your dry expanders and stir them to keep them evenly coated. They will expand and take on the jelly fairly quickly. Take off the heat after about 1min of stirring and leave to cool and take in the jelly. Give them a stir every now and then to stop them sticking together. When fully expanded drain off the excess jelly and place the pellets in a plastic bag, they should be cool enough now to go in the fridge. Seal the bag first and place in the fridge. Shake the bag every 15 mins for the next hour to keep the pellets lose. After an hour in the fridge they are ready for fishing or you can leave them in over night. The whole process from start to finish will take about 2 hours but you are not at it all the time when cooling. There is no need to pump your pellets because if you place your pellets in water just below boiling this will make them sink and the jelly makes them firm.

Comment

Have a read of the feature by Fred Davis on jelly pellets Prepare jelly pellets, Talk angling UK online fishing feature

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I'm just going to hijack your thread for a quick question worms.
                      All you guys out there that know a lot more than I do about pellets........
                      I have only recently started fishing with pellets & only then because somebody on my club water said they were accounting for more fish than any other bait.
                      I have tried 'ringers & dynamite expander 4mm & 6mm but just cannot seem to get it right.
                      I do as they say on the pack but all I seem to end up with is a pellet that looks like a mini sponge & will not stay on the hook. No matter how careful I am, after a few minutes I can lift the pole again very carefully and no bait.
                      Somebody said that they achieve a nice rubbery pellet & I assume this is what I should be trying to achieve.
                      A few tips in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rodders

Comment

Working...
                      X