Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hemp and caster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemp and caster

If i were to use the above baits on a commercial filled with silvers and carp what would i be likely to catch on them? And what would be the best way to use them?

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks.
    Adam
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

caster

you would catch both carp & silvers the silvers would proberbly feed first but then the carp
    would move in i would try double caster on a size 16 hook as for the loose feed i put 1part
    caster to 2 parts hemp in a bait tub and mix but dont let it dry out or they will float
    dont forget to try worm over the top of caster/hemp
    cheers worms

Comment

So fill a bait tub with casters and hemp then cover with water?

Oh yeah thanks for the help
      The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Comment

Many of the commercial waters are full of hugh numbers of roach and skimmer bream and in a lot of cases they are quite large fish.On the days when the carp dont respond to the angler many of the really good anglers taget the silver fish to win the match and in some cases a lot of the commercials have silver fish only matches.They use and feed caster and hemp on the first shelf out usually at 6metre approx(so you have to plumet carefully and fish to start at 1inch off the bottom but be prepared to come up in the water because the fish sometimes gets so excited the take the caster at half depth or less.If you feed fish hemp and caster it is a real must to use sensas punch crumb in small balls as well,be very carefull mixing the crumb a very little water at a time when just holding together leave for 15mins and then riddle well you do not need any lumps in it. the rule is one small ball at the off then feed to the bites.feed again with the crumb when the bites start to slow the crumb should break up just after hitting the water into tiny particles that copled with 6 to 10 pieces of hemp will be deadly.Have the patience and confidence and you will be amazed at the catches of big roach and skimmers you can achieve.dont forget tho that the swim could die after a while so you need to rest it by fishing the second shelf out usually at 10 to twelve metres feed that with 2 and four mm pellets and use a 6mm expander on the hook. that will also catch the big silver fish to.but always remember the old principle of a little and often feeding principle as you want to build the swim up and catch one after the other not have a hugh head of fish there one minute but scared of by to heavy baiting the next.just one other point try to by the mega hemp if you can because it seems to have a distinct advantage Leave your margin swim till last and if you have feed that regulary with the same feeding principle you should get the really big carp there last using two or three casters on the hook .Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks mate i will take that on board.
          Should i soak the hemp and casters in a bait tub then while i am fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by Adamc View Post
            Thanks mate i will take that on board.
            Should i soak the hemp and casters in a bait tub then while i am fishing?
            yes mate or the casters will float when you feed em put a few casters to one side with no water this is for the hook as the turn they will want to float so will slow the rate at whish the hook falls through the water
            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

So submerge the casters with water, what about the hemp?

Comment

Originally posted by Adamc View Post
                So submerge the casters with water, what about the hemp?
                yep mix two parts hemp to one part caster and keep in a tub of water
                A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

kk thanks mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X