Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pellet trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellet trouble

the other day i was using 8mm skrettings pellets a new 25kg sack which was unopened and stored in a air tight box. i have been useing the 6mm, 4mm and micros with no trouble. i was catpulting then in over my pellet wagglar line and the fish where feeding on the surface. so i chucked a hand full down the edge to find that 1 in 4 pellets where floating! i still manged over a 100lb but wud of caught more if they had all sunk. what can i do if anythink to make then sink???

dampen then slightly i have same problem with my 4mms
    :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

Ithink they may have changed some of the ingredients or the ratios because my latest bag of 8mm's are the same.

I wander why they changed?
      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

is there any way of makin then sink without dampin them??

Comment

If they are slightly darker and have a light sheen to them, then you have the slightly higher protein and oil ones from what I hear the ingrediants were changed but have been changed back now so future stocks should be ok.

to make them sink hallf fill a bait tub with them add the tiniest amount of water put the lid on and give them a good shake
          Last edited by justin case; 26 August 2009, 08:36 PM.
          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

I to can confirm what justin case says, so i can only assume they are an old batch that soon should be all off the shelves

Comment

Ok cheers lads

Comment

hi aidan just curious to know where u was fishing to catch over 100lb

Comment

earlswood on the engine pool. give it a go its great!

Comment

think i will thanks

Comment

Bit of advice on storing ya pellets - keep them cool. We have had batches of coppens pellets that sink at first but as ambient temperatures increase in the summer, some float for a while. I suspect the heat 'sweats' the oil out and causes the floating ???
                      [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                      X