Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What feeder?

Hi all

Just registered as a new member and i need a bit of advice straight away!!

I'm mainly a team canal angler but our AT Winter league starts in October on commercials.

Meat seems to be one of the best baits but unfortunately one fishery doesnt allow open end feeders (groundbait ban).

Which is the best/type of feeder to use when using meat and pellet?

Many thanks Mike

if i was u use a straight lead or use a methodfeeder and squeeze soaked pellet or meat round it
    :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

Hi 1978nutty,you can use a block-end if you make long slots between the holes and this is ok with micro pellets. as for meat then use straight lead and catapult cubes of meat. Although meat is sock-on for the warmer months it does lose appeal when the weather turns cooler, this is my opinion and others may disagree though.

TIGHTLINES

Comment

Thnks guys, all help appreciated when it comes to commercials, i've been on them, mainly throughthe winter league series ( Springlea, Hampton Springs, and Boldings).

It can get a bit overwhelming with all the different tactics n baits etc.

I'm much happier on canals!!!!!

Comment

there is a few ways mate like the blokes said you can use a method feeder i use fin perfect 2mm feed pellets soak for 2 mins take them out the water set up they am ready , or use a pellet feeder and hair rig your corn or meat use the same pellets ive recently used the shot gun middy feeders first time out won the match 93lb so i love now lol again look on you chube there is clips on how to fill them seein as uve never used them its a big help, or again seein as its winter the cone cud be the way to go use a 1oz bomb on a runnin line, put the bomb on either use as korum quick change bead with buffers the bomb and you can slide the cover up to change the hook links or use a snap swivel but use a bead so it protects the knot again id use a 9 to 12 inch hook link purely cause any longer with the 2 diff weights pullin in diff directions doesn't help the cast expectialy if your aimin for an island hope this helps mate
          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by vidas View Post
            there is a few ways mate like the blokes said you can use a method feeder i use fin perfect 2mm feed pellets soak for 2 mins take them out the water set up they am ready , or use a pellet feeder and hair rig your corn or meat use the same pellets ive recently used the shot gun middy feeders first time out won the match 93lb so i love now lol again look on you chube there is clips on how to fill them seein as uve never used them its a big help, or again seein as its winter the cone cud be the way to go use a 1oz bomb on a runnin line, put the bomb on either use as korum quick change bead with buffers the bomb and you can slide the cover up to change the hook links or use a snap swivel but use a bead so it protects the knot again id use a 9 to 12 inch hook link purely cause any longer with the 2 diff weights pullin in diff directions doesn't help the cast expectialy if your aimin for an island hope this helps mate
            Thanks alot Vidas thats a great help, I had heard of the Middy feeders, i'll have a goose on youtube!!!

Comment

Working...
            X