Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Price of Maggots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of Maggots...

As some of you know,iv'e returned to fishing after 20 odd years of trying to play golf,whats struck me is the price of maggots,only yesterday i paid £2.70 for a pint,??What are you lads paying..thought that was a bit dear to be honest.

Mick,
    Paid £2.40 at pint in Chesterfield. You must be paying more because you live in the Big City lol.
    Tony.

Comment

£2.40 by me too,worcestershire.

Comment

A lot cheaper than the price of a dozen golf balls.
        Thats how many i lost when i tried to play.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

3 quid a pint down here in the smoke don't ask about the cost of casters.

Maggots now days seem to be rarely used since the introduction of pellets, this has probably added to the high prices we now find ourselves paying for those wriggly critters
          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Maggots

Im in Stourport and pay £2-20pint

Comment

wednesbury £2.00 i thort that was to much lol

Comment

why not bread them your self you need a hart from the butcher a sweet tin and a little bran .put 5cm of bran in the tin place the hart in news paper and put in the tin ,make a small hole in lid and put the tin in a cool dark place (garage) .cheque it in 2/3 days when struk cover the meat with paper leave for about a week,if you want you can add a dye to the meat first. for the witer months you need a airringcupboard and a very under standing wiife

Comment

£2.50 in scunny but theres a shop in hull selling maggots at £1.00 and casters at £2 good quality too

Comment

£2 here in chezzy
                    [B]!!!! life's a bitch and then you Marry one !!!!![/B]

Comment

Originally posted by danny1234 View Post
                      what tackle shop is that mate ?

Comment

must get em from the same place, but to be honest the quality of maggots in the last couple of years as gone down hill very fast.They would have been straight back on the van and a new supplier found

Comment

its ever green fishing tackle his name is dave hu owns it i must admit the magots are better than wmac and cheaper

Comment

i normally go to phils tackle ocker hill there 2.20 there but mite try evergreen

Comment

Was a quid but just gone up to £1.20 , dick turpins the lot of em , lol

Comment

Working...
                              X