Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

new to pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to pellets

i have never fished with pellet before but would like to try.only thing is i am unsure of what size, type, to use and how much would i need for a 5hr session.how often to feed etc.
    any advice would be appreciated.
    thanks in advance

there are two ways you could use a pellet the most simple method being just putting a hookable pellet on the hook or putting a hard/ soft pellet on a band either on the end of a hair or a band on the hook. i find the hair rig to be the best in my opinion because it stays on for longer periods of time and is more secure. first but down a bed of pellets to get the fish intrested and the fire out approximetly 10 pellets every 20-30 seconds until u get a bite the fire them out after every bite/fish. i find 6mm pellets work well for most species as they are small enough for the smaller fish. i use a hard pellet on the band and feed the same. are u fishing for anything in particular? halibuts work well for carp (around 10mm). also depends on water i would ask owner baliff for advice

Comment

"10 pellets 20-30 seconds" acctually i would up tht to 2-4 minutes!

Comment

many thanks for the advice mate, cheers

Comment

Have a look at the Sonu website. There are lots of very useful blogs written by top pellet anglers such as Paul Coyle, Tommy Pickering, Lee Kerry, Des Shipp, Andy Findlay and Stece Saunders. All are top notch pellet anglers.

Comment

theres a lot of useful advice in magazines like improve ur coarse fishing

Comment

ok thanks again guys

Comment

Jellets jelly pellets natural fishy have never failed me they are very versatile and can also catch silvers as well as decent carp.I caught up to 20 carp in a 5hr session and did not even use half the packet!

Comment

Working...
                X