Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

best baits for tench and barbel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best baits for tench and barbel?

i fish a commercial packed with carp, does anyone now any baits tht would help me target either tench or barbel???? thanks in advance

Try worms. Cup in chop and hemp, then fish half dendro's over the top. You'll still get carp on them, might be a question of finding where the barbel live. They can be very territorial on commercials.
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

u should try maggot or corn for tench thats what i normaly use when targeting tench

Comment

thanks for the advice! will try it tomorow in rain

Comment

I like bread, caster, maggot and corn for tench but of course many species will eat those baits so it could be hard to isolate just tench. Fishing during at the right time of year and at the right time of day will improve your chances though I guess. I have fished a commercial that has both carp and barbel and found that peperami attracts the barbel but not the carp. Good luck

Comment

Try using tuna jellets over 4mm fishmeal pellets for the tench down the margin and at the bottom of the slope works for me.

Hope this helps.
            The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
            [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Halibut pellets I find are the best for Barbel, Carp will pick them up as well... Use a 10mm+ on a short hair, that will stop little roach picking it up

Comment

I'm with Steve on this one, especially at this time of year, worm & caster with a sprinkle of hemp

If you really want to target tench try adding a dusting of VDE Bloedmeal to the worm & caster mix as well

Comment

went fishing yesterday got absouotly soaked but was using halibut pellets that i had soaked for a 1 minute or two and added some liquid halibut pellet had a really good day caught one of the biggest carp in the lake not sure on weight but it was big ( to me anyway:P) and caught my first barbel was really happt weighed about 2.5 -3 pound fought the same as my biggest carp tht day yayayay

Comment

You want to try catching a Barbel or two on a fast flowing river and see how they fight then !

Caught my first 2 river Barbel last week in one session. First one at 6lb & second at 7lb, that one made my arm ache !

Comment

Working...
                    X