Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

what brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what brand

anyone got any suggestions on what brand of luncheon meat is best
    thanks

premier pork luncheon meat
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by hampy View Post
      anyone got any suggestions on what brand of luncheon meat is best
      thanks
      Try co-op own brand. Must be something to do with the fat content.
      I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

ye old oak or sumthink like that its soft and its a green tin lol

Comment

I also use co-op own brand.

Comment

Whatever's cheapest....

Comment

Co-Op own brand is very good. Alternatively Plumrose is also good.

Spam isnt too bad either.

Comment

thanks lads

Comment

Lidls own Bacon Grill

Comment

Coming from the food industry, I would say that most meat is pretty much the same.
                    There will be some differences in the cuts of meat used, and meat quantity, but this is reflective in the price (generally speaking).
                    However, the question would be (and I dont know that answer) - Can the fish detect the difference? May be a higher fat content might be best, which at a generalised guess again, the cheaper brands are perhaps more likely to have.

Regarding the Tulip brand, I would say a good choice. Tulip are part of Danish Crown, which is Denmarks largest pork producer (and I also think Tulip are the UK's largest producer). So you should have some good quality at a good price (i've never seen any in the shops, but you can find some on the internet).

Comment

Shiny, its more to do with the consistency of the meat and the hookability than whether the fish can tell the difference, meat with a slightly higher fat content also seems to sink a bit slower so a big advantage when fishing up in the water.
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

garlic and black peppered spam
                        nige cooke

Comment

Co op own brand for me too

Comment

I only use Bacon grill from aldi i find it a lot better than Luncheon meat as it is a bit firmer and hooks better. Thats just my opinion cos it,s down to personnel preference really .Try a few different brands and see which one you prefer.

Comment

I'm with droid cheapest you can get the only consideration is the fat, so it depends if you want to fish shallow (more fat) or deep you know how it goes. What I use is Job Lot stuff a .9 kilo tin for a quid.
                              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                              X