Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

flavoured maggotts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flavoured maggotts???

Has any one had success with flavouring their maggotts? If so with what and how.Fishing in a contest this week-end on a pool.

Many thanks!!

can work extemly well, but first, you just using maggots on the hook or feed? and what size fish you after?small carp? silvers?

Comment

flavoured maggotts

Hi Ryan
      Missed the first part of your reply. I want to feed and use as hook bait for general course fishing. But this Sun coming I am fishing on a pool for Carp.

Thanks Les!

Comment

Try to get a copy of archie braddocks book (fantastic feeder fishing ) or look his web site up on the net.This guy knows more about bait flavouring than any one else in the country.

Comment

Like Kenh says Archie Braddocks is what you need have a look at his website liquid flavours are what I use in winter. Hot magic is my favorite for roach.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Archie Braddocks floral suprise, if it still available.

Try squirting some scopex on your maggots after you have riddled and cleaned them.

Comment

if you after bream i have found brasam( not the liquid one) added to my maggs seem to work wel.l i just riddle mine then add the brasam just dont get carried away with too much though
              plus if you on the open ended feeder mix it in your ground bait in this you can use the liquid

Comment

I also use scopex on my maggots works well

Comment

Always used to add turmeric to my bronze mags for a bit of extra something - only prob is ending up with yellow hands for days afterwards
                  Pleasure Angler

Comment

It's hard to prove whether flavourings work, anyone reckon they've got any proof that they do? Personally I never use them and think they are a waste of money.

Comment

Im with Nathan on this one,but if it gives you confidence go for it,also as Richard Walker said about flavouring hemp with aniseed,it could be that it masks the smell from your hands(cigs,soap or whatever).Regards Peter.
                      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Tried many different flavours over the years looking for the mythical magic bait. Now only ever use one additive and that is tummeric on bronze maggots. Everything else i just use as is, however I do make sure meat corn etc is as fresh as possible.

Comment

Only problem with the tummeric is that it does stain hands or what ever you touch yellow (as Lucifermnm says) so wash hands before nipping for a pee!

Comment

I thought tumeric was used mainly to degrease your maggots so they sink quicker? Thats what I always used it for anyway on the rivers.
                            I don't have 100% proof but I believe that vanilla or caramel flavours work well for roach and bream on natural stillwaters.

Comment

It's is far more important to keep your maggots in good condition. Buy them as fresh as you can and try not to let them sweat.
                              Maggots sweat ammonia which can't be a good flavour!!

Tumeric helps de-grease maggots so can be good in flowing water to help them sink.

Comment

Working...
                              X