Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Making paste from pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making paste from pellets

Hi

I am wanting to make some paste from the carp pellets I have, I assume you just pour boiling water of them the night before then use it the day after, I am wondering what size pellets would be best? I have micro's, 4mm and 6mm

Thanks

micros or 4mm if micros just soak and theyre be fine or if any bigger put in blender till powder and then mix with water done hope this helps mm
    :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

No need to soak.

Just put them in a blender and grind them up to a powder. Then mix 50/50 with water.

By grinding them up you get a much smoother paste with a consistant texture.

Comment

just add lake water to 2mm carp pellets 50/50 ratio 45 mins before you start fishing

torchwood

torchwood fishing tackle stocks kobra method feeders carp vader baits and loads more

Comment

Like everything mate we all have different ideas, if you want to use boiling water do that. Just cover any size pellets with boiling water cover basin with cling till soft then kneed into a paste.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Hi Stan, I've tried lake water then after seeing a tight lines video tried boiling water.

I didn't notice much difference to be honest with you. The only advantage to the boiling I found was because I prepared them a couple of hours before fishing I was able to go straight out with them when I arrived at the bank side. With the lake water depending on the pellet type they can take up to an hour before they're ready.

Cheers

Comment

i have been experimenting with paste all summer and had alot of success with it all i do is put the micros in a tub and cover them with water so you have got a quater of an inch obove the pellets. leave them for an hour and then give them a mash up. keep adding water and mixing untill you get the consistantsy your comfotable using. i do find the wetter the better works best.

hope this helps give it a go
              licence dodger

Comment

Originally posted by nd2407 View Post
                No need to soak.

Just put them in a blender and grind them up to a powder. Then mix 50/50 with water.

By grinding them up you get a much smoother paste with a consistant texture.
                I used to make my paste that way, but I also added an egg to make the paste a bit more sticky.

Comment

Personally dont like using tap water - use either lake water or get a water butt in your garden as that doesnt contain Chlorine!

I think paste is better when it has been frozen, so make it using ground pellets and lake water + add an egg - then spend as long as you can kneeding it in your hands - like half an hour or more, then make into cricket ball sized lumps and wrap in cling film then put in the freezer. Get it out the night before you want it and it will be a lovely smooth paste.
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by licence dodger View Post
                    i have been experimenting with paste all summer and had alot of success with it all i do is put the micros in a tub and cover them with water so you have got a quater of an inch obove the pellets. leave them for an hour and then give them a mash up. keep adding water and mixing untill you get the consistantsy your comfotable using. i do find the wetter the better works best.

hope this helps give it a go
                    Bummer! Had some lessons from me super chav!

Comment

Chlorine evaporates quickly from warm water thats why it has to be constantly dosed in swimming pools.

There will be none left once it has boiled so is fine to use in pastes and groundbaits.

Comment

super chav lol
                        licence dodger

Comment

Working...
                        X