Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

ground baits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ground baits

Hi all im after your extensive knowledge on ground baits. can any one give me there most popular ground baits .
    i like the irish bag up from whizzo ground baits, what a cracker
    regards
    judd

I use green swimstim and ad mollases flavouring,corn and hemp.

Comment

You going to be stocking groundbait then Judd? Or making your own special mixes?
      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
      Check out:
      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

i use sensas magic red but add crushed hemp mollassus and just normal red crumb works a treat for me
        [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

I just buy the ingredients (brown crumb/fishmeal/hemp) and make my own up.

If you're going to do these items I'd be interested.

Comment

ground baits

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
            You going to be stocking groundbait then Judd? Or making your own special mixes?
            hi steve , we are trying to stock a a bigger amount of products for next spring as we are always asked for hemp and ground baits. but as you know there is a massive amount of ground baits out there and i want to be stocking something people require.
            i do use a lot of irish bag up on the waters i fish but it does have a high feed value which is not what a lot of people want. i suppose the best way would be to stock VDE baits as they are also great and cover most situations.
            we will primarily be selling pellets as i feel that we are giving anglers a great product at a good price .
            any comments are good comments.
            regards
            judd

Comment

bait tech

special g green will never use anything else regards john rhodes royal oak angling club

Comment

I've found as I travel to different parts of the country that certain groundbaits sell better, so Sensas is strong around here and Van Den Eynde is popular around Swindon. I reckon you might be better off stocking a range of different types of groundbait depending on the deal you can get from a supplier.
                You will need a fishmeal type that can be used for paste, a method mix, a skimmers mix for feeder fishing, a low-feed silvers mix and a stickier silvers mix, that should do it to start.
                Now approach Sensas, Van Den Eynde, Dynamite and others and see who will do you the best deal for a limited range.

Personally, I'm not fussed about brands and just use whatever I have in the shed (or has been given to me more like!) and will suit the job in hand.
                The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                Check out:
                www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X