Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Not catching much on local water Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not catching much on local water Help.

Howdy folks i just wonderd if anyone has got any tips on fishing a very hard water which is my local club water i only joined it this year i Can catch on the pole skimmers and roach.But have started to feeder fish this water and am having not much luck only on this water as i do fine everywhere else. It is stocked with Bream,Tench,Carp and roach but it,s the bream i,m after.Any sugestions. By the way it,s got a lot of members the water but when i go fishing there you only ever see 4 to 5 anglers on any one day fishing it so it,s not over fished by any means.

Sounds like Heartbreak Lake to me,try the pike in a month or so,is exactly what i'm waiting for on my club waters.

Comment

good luck.

I don't know how big the lake is mate, but on large waters the bream patrol set routes established over years. perhaps you need to do some casting about with a large bomb and find any distinct shelves or plateauxs or gravel bars etc. to find out where they are.
      a good thing to try is to go on a pre-baiting session the evening before, then go back the following day and hope no-one is in the swim. you should then bag-up if a shoal has found the grub and settled.
      personally though, i have always found it best to ask other anglers who fish the venue or the folk in the local tackle shops.
      good luck.

Comment

i'd take the easy option and join another club

Comment

i like the water it,s just a hard water to fish i think i will struggle on and hope to catch a few .Thanks to alll.

Comment

Working...
          X