Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pellets for method feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellets for method feeder

What is the best way of fishing the method feeder with pellets? Just soak the pellets for a few minutes and take them out of water and mould round the method?
    Advice greatly recieved

Sonu Baits Fin Perfect Feed Pellets are the ones you want.

Most people seem to like the 2mm versions.

All you do is soak them in water for 2 minutes then drain them off and leave for 10 minutes or so.

Comment

You'll probably get a few different ways of preparing pellets but this is what i do. Take a pint of micro pellets, 2mm should be ok. Put them in a tub, completely cover with water, give them a quick stir to sink all those that broken the surface tension. Then drain off as much water as you can. Leave them for 15 minutes and when you come back to them they will have formed into a solid block, stir them again just with yuor finger and this will break them all up. If you find them to still be a bit damp then sprinkle in some pellet power+ groundbait (basically just ground pellet) and there you go. I've started using the preston moulds in both large and small sizes with pellets they seem fine but with groundbait your mix has to be a bit more refined to get stop it from sticking to the mould
      Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

mate same as nd2407 so so so soooooooooooooooo simple fin perfect 2mm feed pellets cover them for 2 mins no longer drain the water of set your gear up the pellets will be ready for you and thats it, won alot of matches using these pellets prepared this way nothin cud be so simple mate
        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

thanks for the quick response people, im off to the tackle shop to get some fin perfect pellets then. At least when i get to the venue i can just soak them there and then, set my rods up and hey presto, im good to go !!

Comment

If you're going to be doing it a lot it will be much cheaper to buy a sack of Skretting 2mm pellets, probably the same pellet, if not, just as good.

Comment

will bear that company in mind, thanks for that mate ! Only going to give it a bash on the weekend on a 5 hour match so i will stick with the fin perfect as i will only need a few bags

Comment

make sure you get more than one bag then if your fishin it for that long in case your baggin mate
                [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

i was planning on just getting 3 bags anyway. At least i can mix a bag at a time as it only takes minutes

Comment

i've caught loads of fish using skrettings,£7.50 for 5 kilos finn perfect £2.99 1 kilo no brainer

Comment

im going to invest in those pelets taz, but for the weekend i will stick with fin perfect as my match is saturday

Comment

if casting them at distance dust them in groundbait.

Comment

I half fill my pellet pump with cold water add van den eyde predator plus liquid fill the remainder with 2mm feed micros and pump 3 times, drain off the water, put in my bait tub and put in fridge over night. they are absolutley perfect, give it a go.

Comment

skrettings,£7.50 for 5 kilos
                            where can one buy these please!
                            ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

If you contact judd on here i have bought skrettings pellets in 25kilo bags for £26 including P & P he might do smaller bags. The prices may have changed though.
                              Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X