Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pva tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pva tubing

hi all, i am an out and out match angler, so this stuff is new to me, but i want to make up some tea bags, can anyone tell me the best pva tube to buy and any little tips would be appreciated.
    cheers
    up

I think your getting a bit mixed up mate, PVA comes mainly as string/tape(for tying things) or bags/mesh(for filling with bait/rigs) with mesh, bait is fed into it through a plastic tube and compressed with a plunger(dynamite stick) then knotted and normally hooked onto the hook,bags(as the name suggests)are filled from the open end and sealed,they can be simply hooked on or the bait and the rig(if ledgeriing)canbe put inside the bag to prevent tangles.there are loads of different suppliers of both types(well worth a look on flea bay)both come in varios sizes.worth noting that if you are going to fill them with any damp/wet bait it needs to be pva friendly(oil based)and dont dunk your rig before casting. lol . hope this helps mate. Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I use the drennan ESP stuff mate, in 23mm I think it is. Has some success kast winter carping and in the summer using it for Barbel on the Avon. Having put the time in tying some up, make sure you keep them totally dry, any damp/moisture and they dissolve away and that can make you quite cross!
      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

four seasons breaks down very quick

Comment

past experiace in carp fishing mate and korda funnel web is the future,
          they have various different grades, have a good look
          love the phrase tea bag by the way

Comment

Originally posted by silver fish View Post
            I use the drennan ESP stuff mate, in 23mm I think it is. Has some success kast winter carping and in the summer using it for Barbel on the Avon. Having put the time in tying some up, make sure you keep them totally dry, any damp/moisture and they dissolve away and that can make you quite cross!
            ok with oil based thought

Comment

i have tied a few tea bags up, using 6mm pellet in the bag, and chucked one in a tub of water, but it looks like the knotted bits at each end take ages to dissolve, and look a right gungy mess, heres the next question, or should i say assumption, am i right in thinking that you would not hook through the knot, but through the side of the mesh and double hook it, as it would be nigh on impossible trying to pull a hook through the gunge, and is there a cold water tubing, or does it dissolve in the water regardless of the water temperature.
              please note these questions are related to match carping and not speci hunting
              cheers
              up

Comment

Have a read of this mate, very good read - UK fishing the bomb for Carp by Alex Bones and Steve Lockett
                Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

nice one steveL, i got to be honest though i doubt if my fingers would be up to it in freezing cold temperatures. To be honest in the colder months i find that a couple of dead reds tight to a very small cage, with fishmeal and crumb is as good as any method for winter carping. I think that trying to thread all that together in the cold could be a bit of a mare.

cheers mate
                  dave

Comment

where can i get the four seasons that noda was referring to
                    cheers
                    up

Comment

UP,Korda make the four season funnel web so any korda stockist should be able to supply,your right never hook it through the knot as this is the last bit to dissolve,different brands/types dissolve at different speeds and water temp makes a difference to the rate.it makes little difference as to the type of fishing the principle is much the same,but speci anglers will sometimes scale things up(but very often not). there are lots of different ways of useing pva from hooking on a small mesh bag to enclosing the whole rig inside a solid bag,the main idea is that your hookbait will be sitting in amonst a pile(large or small)of freebies.Regards Peter.
                      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Originally posted by upinthewater View Post
                        i have tied a few tea bags up, using 6mm pellet in the bag, and chucked one in a tub of water, but it looks like the knotted bits at each end take ages to dissolve, and look a right gungy mess, heres the next question, or should i say assumption, am i right in thinking that you would not hook through the knot, but through the side of the mesh and double hook it, as it would be nigh on impossible trying to pull a hook through the gunge, and is there a cold water tubing, or does it dissolve in the water regardless of the water temperature.
                        please note these questions are related to match carping and not speci hunting
                        cheers
                        up
                        if doing teabags use a pva bag and half fill then fold over the top and lick your fingers and use the bag to stick against itself. This will give you no knots and ensure an even dissolve. The advantage of a bag is you can use oil as well to give a better smell and use smaller amount of feed so making sure they take your hookbait as well as the freebies.As for supplies I use this guy Carp Craze supplying carp anglers with top quality pva products, baits and accessories he does good deals and his PVA mesh and bags are great.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

thanks all, i appreciate the info you have given me.
                          cheers
                          up

Comment

Working...
                          X