Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pesky minnows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pesky minnows

Hi
    How can I over come the minnow on the river I fish on ? As soon as I cast in,the maggott is taken straight away by minnow. Mind you they are the biggest minnow I've come across.

Try boilies minnows find them hard to swallow

Comment

ive had this problem many a time on my own stretch of river. I over come this by using casters instead. let me
      know how you get on.

Comment

What species are you after and where exactly are you fishing.?

Comment

Try a different bait. casters are good as minnows seem to avoid them. i fish the Dorset Stour which is full of minnows but i normally fish with breadflake and don't get bothered by them. I catch loads of fish including chub,roach and bream. It can take a while to get used to fishing with bread as many people think it has come off the hook.But it is more resiliant than people think and when you get the hang of it you catch a better quality of fish.

Comment

minnows

Originally posted by Plummet View Post
            What species are you after and where exactly are you fishing.?
            I'm fishing on the river vyrnwy mid wales,there are a variety of fish mainly dace,chub,grayling and trout.
            Thanks Les!

Comment

How about trying a larger bait like lobworm for the chub, grayling and trout?

Comment

trout are illigal in matches i think

Comment

Working...
                X