Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

help to make a mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help to make a mix

done my first session on the method feeder on sunday but i got the mix all wrong any advice on the best way to mix will be appreciated.cheers

Try the sonu baits method mix,tell's u how much water to add etc,foolproof apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by theshankleyway View Post
      done my first session on the method feeder on sunday but i got the mix all wrong any advice on the best way to mix will be appreciated.cheers
      Riddling is the answer ye seeketh...Nothing more important for a good-mix...
      Fishmeal based mixes, the best option...But riddle it, then riddle it some more...

Comment

A lot of people really get hung up on the method mix as how to prepare it "the best way". Riddling is an option but what if you want to add some pellet to the mix or some particle bait? Last time I checked sweetcorn don't go through a riddle unless mashed to a pulp.

My recommendation to all of our customers who ask this question is to tailor the mix to the type of method feeder. A flat method normally needs a bit stickier mix as theres less nooks and crannies for the mix to hold on to whereas something like a Korda method feeder (vaned feeder) has more for the bait ball to stick to. There's not really a hard and fast rule to creating the perfect mix as it all depends on the mix & feeder combination.
        [URL="http://www.nsabaits.com]www.nsabaits.com[/URL]

Comment

hi all.
          just got into the method, and i find if you mix it and leave it overnight it should be bob on.
          if a little on the dry side in the morning , just add a bit more water.
          i also riddle it aswell.
          all the best lisa

Comment

Using some PV1 collant in your mix would help i think!

Comment

I use as a starting point two bait tubs of dry ground-bait to one tub of water mix it well and keep turning the mixing bowl at the same time this ensures that all the ground bait is mixed then leave for as long as poss before using then take it from there if a little dry add some water if a little wet sieve some dry brown crumb and mix till you get the consistency you want
              A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

get yourself an electric drill with a wisk it saves a lot of time,as a rule 1 kilo 1 pint of water leave covered for an hour or so u can add more water if needed put in fridge overnight and riddle at least once on the bank

Comment

Working...
                X