Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Using TCP in With your Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using TCP in With your Bait

Morning All

I know someone through my work colleague who makes bait 6 months of the year and the rest of the year he fishes in france.
    He is absolutely taking the place appart with a Drop of TCP in his bait about 1 capfull per kilo of bait.
    My understanding of this is he only uses it when the oxgen levels are low due to it being full of protein.
    Has any one every used this bait, if so can you share your veiws or knowledge of this.

All the best

Terry Swan
    Ealing Anglings Match Secretary

Ive heard a few in my time,wd40,sump oil,soap,lager and recently red bull,but ithink i will give Tom Cat Pizz a miss,it must be one hell of a job to collect.lol
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

do you have to riddle it
      nige cooke

Comment

Originally posted by cookie44 View Post
        do you have to riddle it
        No the cat jimmy riddles it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTurnip View Post
          Morning All

He is absolutely taking the place appart with a Drop of TCP in his bait about 1 capfull per kilo of bait.
          My understanding of this is he only uses it when the oxgen levels are low due to it being full of protein.
          It isn't.

It's an aqueous solution of trichlorophenol.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
            Ive heard a few in my time,wd40,sump oil,soap,lager and recently red bull,but ithink i will give Tom Cat Pizz a miss,it must be one hell of a job to collect.lol
            pmsl mate

Comment

red bull!!!!!

Dont knock the red bull.. put it in all my paste mixes this summer, been bagging up on it big time, won 5 matches on it and had my pb on the pole 18lb 6oz common..... cant wait till next year now!!! big time baggin.
              [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by bazzalee View Post
                Dont knock the red bull.. put it in all my paste mixes this summer, been bagging up on it big time, won 5 matches on it and had my pb on the pole 18lb 6oz common..... cant wait till next year now!!! big time baggin.
                it only works if your on a flyer.

Comment

Bloody hell you're cooking on gas, Hurricane

Comment

I will let you all know, when i find out more.
                    this lad dont give many secrets away.
                    Good luck to him for finding something new.
                    he told me he has had a lot of success mixing it with boilies and pellets.

All The Best
                    Terry

Comment

In all seriousness,there are some wierd and wonderful combinations out there so who knows what fish realy find attractive?.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzalee View Post
                        Are you just using it as an additive or does the Red Bull take the place of all the water when making the paste?

Comment

Working...
                        X