Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What Tool Do You Use to Grind Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tool Do You Use to Grind Pellets

Hi

I use ground pellet as a method mix, as a slop, as a base for paste and as a groundbait mix for skimmers.

For years I used an old liquidiser with a coffee grinder attachment to grind the pellets, but recently it fell to bits.

I went out and bought a self powered coffee grinder and burnt out the motor after about 10 minutes pellet grinding.

I have tried the mill attachment on the kitchen blender and that struggles.

Does anyone on here grind their own pellets and if so what appliance / tool do you use.

My bucket of ground pellet is getting low, so can someone help please.

KORDA KRUSHA BOILIE/PELLET/BAIT CHOPPER CRUSHER LARGE on eBay (end time 20-Oct-09 22:58:01 BST) expensive for what they are,and its hand grinding but they do work well.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i use a kenwood food processor whips up a kg in no time at all turns it in to dust if i leave on to long
      Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I let the bait shop do it for me far easier

Comment

i got a blender from tesco for about £6. works a treat. found out that best way is to just do abit instead of putting a shedload in. also very easy to flavour or colour

Comment

Recently had the same problem, bought a new coffee grinder and destroyed it on 1st use. Then bought a Tesco value blender for £4.25 and this works fine, use a tall narrow tub to grind them in though.

Comment

Cuisinart Burr Mill Coffee Grinder end of............

Comment

been using a coffee grinder for years,same 1

Comment

ASDA Smart Price blender for under ten quid. Probably the same machine as the Tesco Value.

Don't put too much in at a time and use the pulse setting which agitates your pellets and keeps them moving allowing the metal cutting tool to do it's just. Cheap they might be, but they are much more robust than the expensive one I busted

Also works well on fining down your Vitalin mix.

Comment

Originally posted by milo242 View Post
                    Recently had the same problem, bought a new coffee grinder and destroyed it on 1st use. Then bought a Tesco value blender for £4.25 and this works fine, use a tall narrow tub to grind them in though.
                    I've just got one from Sainsbury's for about the same price and followed your advice and it's worked a treat. Thanks a lot this should save a load of time and a fair bit of money to.
                    Part time fisherman. Full time legend ;)
                    [url]www.whitehallrushwickac.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I am off to tesco first thing tomorow :d

Comment

Just soak em or if I need dry powdered pellet buy it life's too short
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                        X