Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

method mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• method mix

hi all i have started to have a go at method fishing and have soon realised that he bags of marine halibut method mix are quite expensive and dont take long to work trough has anybody got a recipe that i could follow to make a home made equivilent using brown crumb as a base? that is equally as good?regards carp-hunter

Vitalin dry dog food (yellow bag) is the cheapest method mix around.
    Last edited by Neilio; 13 October 2009, 06:46 AM.
    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

do i just grind it to powder and mix it with the brown crumb then mix as groundbait and clump it in the usual manner?

Comment

ive found micro pellet a good thing to bulk up my method mix just soak them in water before you add to your mix

Comment

Originally posted by carp-hunter View Post
          do i just grind it to powder and mix it with the brown crumb then mix as groundbait and clump it in the usual manner?
          Just add water to Vitalin and let it soak it up, not sure what ratio but keep adding until it starts to bind which could be quite a lot.
          No need for any brown crumb, so will save you a bit of cash.
          The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

how about cat biscuits ground up as well do they work as ground bait?

Comment

Working...
            X