Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

breadpunch/groundbait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breadpunch/groundbait

my local canal starts off well on the punch but usually dies off after an hour and wont respond to topping up [either small nuggets or a big pot] .Could I convert this line to groundbait /squatt or should leave it and just concentrate on pre fed groundbait lines. Cheers for any advice Scobie

You certainly can convert it with groundbait and squatts. Before you do that, try a fluoro pinkie over the top of your fed area to see if any fish are still around.
    Also, try feeding punch crumb instead of likky. There may be too much feed content going in at the start?
    Alternatively, have a go at sprinkling tiny bits of feed through a kinder from the start. Punch several small holes into the pot so only a pinch can come out at any time.

I suspect there may not be a huge head of fish in your venue, though. Most of the better venues down here, you can keep feeding likky most of the day and they will come back as long as you haven't left it too long and the bites have stopped completely.
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Punch rarely works all match, yes, convert to groundbait and squatts or hemp if there are big fish present.

Comment

Working...
      X