Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

keeping casters fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping casters fresh

how can i keep casters in tip top condition for a following weeks fishing i remember some one telling me to keep them in a coffe jar with some cling film on top and put it in the fridge. but do you add water to it. or i would imagin your pellet pump would do the same thing.

Yeh, pellet pump but let them breath each day or someone told me you can keep them in water with Milton to stop bacteria????

Comment

Come on Nathan you cannot be serious!

Just freeze them! Or alternatively just buy maggots one week and turn the spares for the next week to caster!
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Yeh, I freeze them for carp but no good for silvers and not worth doing if you only want to keep them a few days.

Comment

They do work for roach after freezing. but need to change the water a couple of times or you'll get black finger nails.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
            Come on Nathan you cannot be serious!

Just freeze them! Or alternatively just buy maggots one week and turn the spares for the next week to caster!
            Yes,freezing is best, but freeze them in water and not dry in the bag! use a old ice cream tub and cover them a few inches over,you can also add your favourite flavour at this point and this will stop any odour from them!
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

i use home brew bottle stereliser its brill keeps casters ages --------just give em a good rinsing before use
              work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

i freez them Without water ! no probs at all i have found freezing them in water makes them soft or softer not the best way for hook bait personally speaking ofcourse!
                I also keep them for longer than a week in water in the fridge without any probs...................

Products - International Innovation Company

I have a few of these they work well also!Wicked for adding flavours and such like..

Comment

keeping casters fresh

how long will thay last in a pellet pump ?

Comment

Bluenose, buy some fresh ones your getting as tight as Ronaldo.

Comment

Put them in a brown paper bag then put them into a plastic bag this stops the casters getting burnt shells then freeze them m8,or if you are not allowed to put them in the freezer get a bait tub put damp news paper on the top then a plastic bag over the top of that then put your bait lid on so no air gets in,change the news paper daily with more damp news paper.

Comment

keeping casters fresh

he gaz it was you who told me to put them in a coffee jar you no the credit crunch is on mate.

Comment

I was always told to fill an airtight container brim full of casters, cover with cling film, replace the container lid and then keep in the fridge - always worked for me (when I could afford casters!)
                          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

hi
                            bang on ff,as long as no air gets in they will last ages
                            cheers
                            paul

Comment

put casters in a air tight glass jar and store in the fridge will keep up to 3 weeks
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X