Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Method advice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method advice???

Hi all i recently got my self a collection of method feeders and moulds etc... to get started on.
    worked really well on larford speci match with ground bait and thort the method was an excellent way of bagging in the summer and won our match on it with the sonu baits match mix.
    my question is?? should i be using this all throgh the winter or do i switch too micros or a totally differant ground bait all together as i think the match sonu has a low feed value and be most suited for the up and coming winter??? any help would be great on possible baits/ hookbaits/ feed and rig advice too keep me bagging through the winter months?
    CHEERS ALL.. BAZ.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

I tend to use a black mix in winter and just add a few loose particles I.E Hemp a few casters and a little corn and a handfull of micro pellets and fish the same that is in the mix especially casters and corn. use a small method feeder as well and scale down youre rig line and hooklinks as well.I use between size 16 to 20 hooks and i also use bronze coloured hooks in winter as fish are more finicky in winter hope this helps.

Comment

scale down your hook size and feeder size so u dont overfeed
      also scale down on your line diameter

Comment

food

i personaly dont use the method in winter because you need very little loose feed
        if i fish the tip fishing i use a straight lead but keep casting around till you find fish and when you find them they are usually shoaled up in that spot. only fish over say 6-10 grains of corn or simlar
        cheers worms

Comment

Working...
        X