Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Home made liquid attractant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made liquid attractant?

Hi. I have a bottle of Cod Liver Oil in the kitchen cupboard which has got me wondering about making my own liquid attractant. I have heard of people doing this with a Cod Liver Oil base, adding such things as garlic powder or aniseed. I just wondered if any of you have done so and with what success? Any recipes?

Generally, do you believe that liquid attractants make a difference? Any recommended shop bought ones that you find really give you an adge?

Cheers, Richard.

Do they make a difference ? Mmmm good point atleast they will have an effect on your self confidence inturn effecting your catch rate!

I use vanila essence from the supermarket often!Also vanila sugar all cheaper and as good as tackel company bought equivalent ones.
    LOL i said as good lol how can one determin that? Good question i guess i dont know as truthfully i catch with or without so why use it often? I just do!
    I carry some dips that are super market bassed soja sauce, curry/chilly sauce to name a few.These i normally bring out when its really hard going and have caught on all of them.Would i of caught on the day without? Well i dont think so perhaps a momentary edge!

Comment

carp vader bremax awsome cant go wrong with it mate mix it with your micros and you expanders but not your paste because it causes it to do sticky and you cant get the right concistancy

Comment

at this time of year i would not use oil as a base as liquid attractant because the oil will not release flavour into cold water. much better going with something like molasses, CSL or glycerine as a base. Alcohol also works a good base in very cold water as it disperses brilliantly. I use vodka or white wine as base and add flavours and attractors.
        [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]NISA FEEDERS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
        [CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"]BIOSOURCE BAITS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

no wonder u do so good jamie. the fish are bladdered . The flavour i sometimes use is predetor plus with my choppie mix. Don't think they make much differance. Think its more of a confidence thing

Comment

Cheers, for your replies. I’ve ordered myself some of the Carp Vader Breamax on your recommendation George, but will definitely give a few home mixes (brews!) a go.

Andy, do you mean mix Vanilla Essence with Cod Liver Oil? Apologies but I’ve not tried this before so I’m a little unclear on how to go about it in terms of quantities/ratios.

Jamie, thanks for pointing out how fish oil based liquid will not work so well at this time of year. Same principle applies as with fish based pellets I guess. I’m really curious about the alcohol base. Say for example I use a little wine, what flavours might you add?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard75 View Post
              C

Andy, do you mean mix Vanilla Essence with Cod Liver Oil? Apologies but I’ve not tried this before so I’m a little unclear on how to go about it in terms of quantities/ratios.
              No just on its own.How to use it ? well the sugar just put it in the dry mix and depending on what the essence is bassed on the same. If it isnt oil bassed mix it with the water your going to wet ur ground bait with! Well i presumed you ment with ground bait..if not sorry!

Comment

The Active8 glug is very good when it gets colder.
                Simon Young
                Admin
                Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

One of the best additives is to add 3 teaspoons of salt to a can of corn, works for me.
                  Come on you Spurs!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                    The Active8 glug is very good when it gets colder.
                    How do you know? You can't prove that you wouldn't have caught exactly the same, if not more, without it!

Comment

On several occassions when fishing next to people also fishing a bomb and pellet in the winter I have used pellets glugged in Active8 and caught fish when they have blanked or caught very little - works for me.
                      Simon Young
                      Admin

Comment

Originally posted by The Corn King View Post
                        One of the best additives is to add 3 teaspoons of salt to a can of corn, works for me.
                        Salt is a brilliant additive - we used to use 8oz of salt in a mix for the canal in winter when roach fishing, it definately had an effect catching loads of fish when others struggled.
                        Simon Young
                        Admin

Comment

Coincidence! You probably were on a better peg or used a better rig or left it in longer.

Comment

Or I'm just lucky!
                            Simon Young
                            Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                              Salt is a brilliant additive - we used to use 8oz of salt in a mix for the canal in winter when roach fishing, it definately had an effect catching loads of fish when others struggled.
                              And give the fish a bad heart!

Comment

Working...
                              X