Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Grass carp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass carp

I have started fishing a new venue which has grass carp to over 20lb and i am wondering what i should use to target them? what baits? thanks

A single filament of blanket weed on a size 26!

Failing that, floating bread, bread flake, pellet
    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Is that on the rod or pole Phil?

I'm back!!!

Comment

Oh great!!

Grass carp up to 35lb can easily be handled on the pole as long as the pole houses a charge for firing a harpoon and a very substantial elastic... say, a doubled up elastic like they use on aircraft carriers to slow the planes down.

We're not helping this fellow angler much here mate!!

Comment

Serious Answer...

I use to fish a lake in the Cotswolds that had them to about 9lb. Strange creatures, they would hardly show up then bang you would get 7 or 8 in a sitting.

To be honest they are dissapointing to catch on the pole, when you hook one there is hardly any fight its like pulling a big old Bream Slab in, although they are nice looking fish a sort of elongated chub. Be careful once they are out of the water and in your landing net as they go " Apesh*t".

Baitwise I found corn to be the best although i did have a few on chopped worm.

Comment

This one fell to a boillie.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I knew you'd have a pic Pete

Comment

Working...
              X