Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

cant catch on casters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant catch on casters

my very close friend will always take casters with him were ever we go ,and he always catches on them and swears they catch the better fish, i buy them and end up chucking em away putting a maggot i cant seem to catch on casters any tips would be most appreciated

keith

It's all about confidence, try this. ...
    Go to your fave place, somewhere with plenty of silvers in it. Dont take any other bait except for casters, set up a suitable rig with a strung out shotting pattern. Feed and hookbait nothing but casters, you will catch, and cure your lack of confidence.

I worked in a tackle shop when i was a kid and the owner got me to do the same thing with hemp on the canal, had some great evening sessions and some cracking roach !

Comment

If you fish the pole what i do is when fishing caster i always chuck 4 to 6 casters over my float every 30 to 40 seconds and this should bring you some nice silvers and skimmers i normally catch 30 to 40lb of roach and skimmers on this method no other bait is required if you do it right. If you are using rod and line you can always catty them in but only a few at a time also you dont have to fish far out for roach i alwys catch them about 6 to 8 mtrs on the pole.When fishing this method i use an mp10 float 2x10 which is a very light float and has a very good bite detection my rig line is 4lb and my hooklength is 2lb hope this helps you out.

Comment

Oh and hook size 18 to 20

Comment

If you want the carp i find it help full fishing at 6-9m with either meat or caster on the a size 12 hook (when i use caster on a size 12 i bury the 1st caster into the shank of the hook and the other just to the bend) and keep pulting out caster, hemp and 4mm pellet.
          I use 7lb-6lb main line and 6-5lb hooklength with a 0.75g pole float.
          Scored well for me at Broad Acres in fact i had 70lb of carp out (all around 3.5lb) and some clonking bream on my first day there just on this method.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
          Adam.
          The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
          [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

is it better to bury the hook or leave the point showing when fishing for silvers

Comment

I proffer to bury the hook as then the fish are less aware of the hook and the weight of the fish and the force of the strike will set the hook into the fishes mouth.

Hope this helps?

Cookie.
              The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
              [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Thanks for the replys lads next time out i will just take casters and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by fishster View Post
                  If you fish the pole what i do is when fishing caster i always chuck 4 to 6 casters over my float every 30 to 40 seconds and this should bring you some nice silvers and skimmers i normally catch 30 to 40lb of roach and skimmers on this method no other bait is required if you do it right. If you are using rod and line you can always catty them in but only a few at a time also you dont have to fish far out for roach i alwys catch them about 6 to 8 mtrs on the pole.When fishing this method i use an mp10 float 2x10 which is a very light float and has a very good bite detection my rig line is 4lb and my hooklength is 2lb hope this helps you out.
                  you will be fishin for england soon !

my rule of thumb is bury the hook when fishing on the deck and show the point when fishing of the deck
                  I want an end peg

Comment

I dont think i will be fishing for england it,s just that the fishery i go to has a good head of roach like a fish a chuck i dont always catch that amount depend which place i go but i always get alot of roach. Re caster try fishing double caster first and put one on the hook fat end and the other on narrow end of casters this will stop line twist,If you are getting bites but not hooking them try a single caster with the hook buried also in winter use bronze coloured hooks as fish are really fineckey in winter.

Comment

burying the hook is right i think
                      licence dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Adamc View Post
                        keep pulting out caster, hemp and 4mm pellet.
                        Your own pellets and hemp are banned there.

Comment

Working...
                        X