Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

hi guys ive fished for carp for several years..due to some problems ive had to change to waggler fishing.i dont enjoy feeder fishing.i fish the waggler overdepth can i fish with a hair rig at times. im finding it heard to adjust any one else had this problem. cheers.

hi mate,yes you can certainly fish a hair rig on the waggler,have you tried using korum quickstops? they make it very easy for fishing pellet,corn,meat etc. or you can just use a traditional hair rig with a bait stop.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

can you be more precise mate as to the reasons that you are struggling cos there are loads of lads on here to help you .and if you can go with some one preferbaly a match angler "no disrespect to pleasure anglers intended " you will catch now on the pellet waggler as the water warms up ,no need for fancy shotting patterns here just keep feeding little and often and the fish will respond
      nige cooke

Comment

thanks lads new i could rely on you.cookie i did not say to much but have serious illness cannot keep casting all the time thanks for replying.

Comment

I would definatley use the korum quickstops as there is no messing about with bait stops,I use em and they are brilliant. Have a look at em and see what you think.YouTube - Tackleuk Preston Innovations Quickstops

Comment

I much prefer a band on a hair, cheaper, easier to use, more versatile and won't get snapped off in landing nets like quickstops can. Either put a pellet in the band or pull the band through meat or corn. You do need to have good quality bands for this, not too thin and stretchy like the Gardner 3.2mm ones.

Comment

Waggler what area do you live ????
              Colin

Comment

hi big col i live in sunny plymouth snow what is it.

Comment

have to agree with nathan there. band is the best way... if you have a quickstop you have to muck around changing hooklengths when you wanna fish a hard pellet!

Comment

Originally posted by jake cork View Post
                    have to agree with nathan there. band is the best way... if you have a quickstop you have to muck around changing hooklengths when you wanna fish a hard pellet!
                    Makes a change!

Comment

i was thinking the same thing as i was typing it!

Comment

If you find the bait band too fiddly, and the baitstops, you might want to try spaghetti as a stop either outside or inside the pellet, if u are using drilled pellets. Nathan is right about the bands not catching in your landing net, its the same with the spaghetti, and you get stacks in a packet !!

Comment

i'd find spaghetti more fiddly than both other options?

whats easier than grabbing a band with a baiting needle and pulling through.

or

shoving a needle through some bait?

Comment

Absolutely nothing, its just another option for consideration, and you dont have to tie the band or quicktop on in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by 4aday View Post
                              If you find the bait band too fiddly, and the baitstops, you might want to try spaghetti as a stop either outside or inside the pellet, if u are using drilled pellets. Nathan is right about the bands not catching in your landing net, its the same with the spaghetti, and you get stacks in a packet !!
                              I use spaghetti for large pieces of meat, keeps it on better and looks natural, goes soft in water.

Comment

Working...
                              X