Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

dendrabena`s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawb81
    replied
    the last few tubs i have bought have had the little balls you add to compost to keep it moist

Leave a comment:

• colin3
    replied
    Dendras

Keep them on a garage floor in the bag they came in, keep them on the damp side and feed regularly with a cheap instant mash potato mixed to the consistency of thick gravy. They will breed and you should be able to keep them for as long as you want.

Leave a comment:

• BIG COL
    replied
    Just make sure you check regularly for Dead worms if you leave them in they will all die quickly!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nick D
    replied
    I just keep them in a tub, make sure they have plenty of room. I chopped up a few bits of potato for them to eat.

Ive had them for 3-4 months now.

Leave a comment:

• Tarks
    replied
    whats the diff between dendrobaena worm and lubbies? the worms ive dug out my garden look like dendro's lol should they be lubbies ive no clue?

Leave a comment:

• paul the carp
    replied
    Hi there,

You can buy worm feed produced by worm UK

also try one of Mosella Worm bait buckets

I have stored my worms for about 4 month still going strong

Cheers
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• blue orfe
    replied
    I've got some in the shed i've had since september!!
    Just keep them cool in plenty of soil and an occasional feed of mashed potato - no salt or butter of course!!
    I keep them in a large plastic bucket with small breather holes in the lid, not too big or else they escape.

Leave a comment:

• chriscalder
    replied
    Never had much luck keeping them when they have been fed mash, I always use soft Pears sliced up and have kept them for 3 or 4 months. I use an atomiser for keeping the peat wet.

Leave a comment:

• Blueser
    replied
    Originally posted by BottomedOut View Post
    Ive heard you can feed the worms smash, is this in powered form or once its mash
    Its as mash mate, with gravy and a few sprouts too! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• BottomedOut
    replied
    Ive heard you can feed the worms smash, is this in powered form or once its mash

Leave a comment:

• hawb81
    replied
    as friskyfish says keep cool and in the dark like on the floor in a corner of the garage, i keep mine in a fridge and just keep putting the unused ones in their tubs/bags back in the fridge and they last for up to 6 weeks

Leave a comment:

• Frisky Fish
    replied
    Keep them cool and dry with a little moisture in the soil only. Feed them a very small amount of mashed potato if you are planning on keeping them for over a month

Leave a comment:

• matt59rown
    started a topic dendrabena`s.

dendrabena`s.

Could anyone advise me please the best way to keep dendrabena worms, i have a kilo that i need to store but don`t have the option of a worm bank.....
    Is there anything that can be added to the soil/peat they were delivered in to keep them in good condition?
    Regards matthew
Working...
X