Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fin perfect - expander pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fin perfect - expander pellets

I brought some Fin Perfect 4mm expander pellets yesterday, and used them for the first time today. Pumped the pellets and left for 4 minutes, as per instructions. They seemed OK to use for the first twenty minutes or so, but then they started turning all mushy and disintegrated when I put them on the hook.

What had I done wrong? I was very disappointed with them.
    Putting my fishing tackle in the car is my first step towards failure!

pump them and then put in a plastic bag with all the air taken out .then they should be perfect.

Comment

There has been a bad batch of these around for some time now, you may have got unlucky.
      Save yourself lots of trouble and buy Ringers next generation.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

mate i use them never had a problem i leave them in the water for 5 mins then put them in the fridge after ive taken all the air out the bag
        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Vidas.
          I know loads of lads who don't have a problem with them. But a few of the lads i fish with have had problems with em.
          It was actually Steve Ringer on matchfishing scene who highlighted the problem with these pellets. Also a few of the lads on there also stated they had problems with them.
          The lad might of just got unlucky and got a dodgy bag. Apparently it was a mix up at skrettings factory over the pellet batch that caused the problem.
          Hope this clears things up.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
            There has been a bad batch of these around for some time now, you may have got unlucky.
            I had a similar problem with some 'Fin Perfect' expanders and I always keep mine in a pellet pump tub with the air taken out. Ringers ones are definately better or Sensas ones seem to stay nice and firm. You could also try putting some Gelatine in the water before you pump them and this helps them to retain a nice springy feel.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishing Jazzman View Post
              I brought some Fin Perfect 4mm expander pellets yesterday, and used them for the first time today. Pumped the pellets and left for 4 minutes, as per instructions. They seemed OK to use for the first twenty minutes or so, but then they started turning all mushy and disintegrated when I put them on the hook.

What had I done wrong? I was very disappointed with them.

Ive had that too mate! wont buy them again!
              To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                Agree - Not impressed by them. Normally I only use RS Elites as hookers but i thought i would try the AF expanders. Followed the instructions, seemed very poor quality no texture to them. Tried jellying them up that also failed, in my opinion not a patch on RS Elites.

Comment

pellets

Try Xpand from Bait-tech just as good as RS if not better.
                  Behind a successful man is a good woman, behind an unsuccessful man is the other woman.

Comment

Originally posted by TinCanMan View Post
                    Agree - Not impressed by them. Normally I only use RS Elites as hookers but i thought i would try the AF expanders. Followed the instructions, seemed very poor quality no texture to them. Tried jellying them up that also failed, in my opinion not a patch on RS Elites.
                    To be honest I have thrown the Fin Perfect pellets in the bin this morning - I think I wasted my money on them. I have used both RS Elites and Ringers before; never had a problem with either of them. Will start using both of them again from now on - stick to what I know best.
                    Putting my fishing tackle in the car is my first step towards failure!

Comment

Same here mate,good for the bin!!!!

Comment

what do yo all think of the bait-tech xpanders ive iused them in the 6mm and thought thet was very good
                        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

I also had the same problem and just binned them. I now use Sensas Match and they are perfect....

Comment

Working...
                          X