Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tuna in oil (update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avonangler1961
    replied
    Can't do any harm. I'm all for experimentation otherwise we would get stuck in a rutt

Leave a comment:

• luke carpstalker
    replied
    I'll have a bash. The other week I had a thread about cooking hemp, ( I failed miserably with some bum hemp ), anyway, one of the replies suggested I take some cooked but unsplit hemp, throw it in the blender and pot it in on the pole. I was a bit sceptical, but this monday gone, I had some uncooked, but ground up hemp. I mixed it with some water, and potted it in as I had just moved pegs and there was nothing doing after an hour. It turned ito a milky slurry. Within 5 minutes a rake of crucian turned up, and I caught them steadily on big lumps of soft paste. I think if I had fished finer with single corn I'd have had plenty more.

I'll try the brine, as it's only a 2 acre pool, and cat meat is banned on the grounds of the grease it leaves on the water. I might even try a mix of tuna and ground hemp.

Leave a comment:

• avonangler1961
    replied
    The consensus of opinion over the forums was that brine would perform better than oil. I chose oil last weekend because of the river conditions (coloured,fast flow & extra water). I am interested in comparing the two as I am convinced it will work. I mashed the tuna to pretty much a pulp put it in a container & added it to my groundbait on the river bank. I have read several reports where the author has added salt to their groundbait as an extra attractor. It's a different stretch of river this weekend that holds a good head of bream + some barbel & chub & I'm expecting the river to be pretty much back to it's summer level. I would definitly say "give it a go". We can always compare results.

Leave a comment:

• luke carpstalker
    replied
    Why would you revert to brine next time out?

Did you not reckon it did the biz? I was going to take a tin myself this weekend, but I only had brine.

Do you just mash it with a fork?

Leave a comment:

• avonangler1961
    started a topic Tuna in oil (update)

Tuna in oil (update)

Thanks for all the advice guys. Not the results I had hoped for but not a disaster. Report on blog Avonangler's Blog
Working...
X