Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Catapulting Pellets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catapulting Pellets!

Hi all,

This season is the first season on the pellet waggler for me (bit slow on the uptake as ever!!) and i have had some really good sessions out of it.

The only thing i have found tricky is accurate feeding. I have been using 8mm Skrettings this season and found that i get a fairly wide spray on some catapults. i still get some feed to the right area but it is kind of annoying as i would like to keep the fish in the right area!!!!!!

Any advice as to how to get a better accuracy??

Cheers.

Could be the catty thats at fault mate.
    To be honest they are all rubbish, if fishing at distance make sure the lzzy is strong enough to get the pellets out without overstretching it. If your lazzy is to soft and you do overstretch it this will give you a wide spread.
    Hope this helps.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

The night before dip em in water for 20 seconds then put on a riddle,this adds weight to them and they will still be hard

Comment

Could be you'r putting too many pellets in the pouch, feed up to 6 pellets at a time.

Comment

Or even feed 2 or 3 at a time to keep them concentrated in one area, you may feed twice as often but on the pellet waggler your trying to catch them up in the water anyway so a regular plop of bait can surely only be a good thing?
          Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
            The night before dip em in water for 20 seconds then put on a riddle,this adds weight to them and they will still be hard
            Trouble with that is, what you don't use will go mouldy and waste money!

Comment

You can tell Mr Watson is a Yorkshire man with a comment about wasting tupence hapeny on mouldy pellets.

Comment

i here he only drinks freebeys

Comment

i totally agree with nathan, you should not need to dampen your your pellet, and if that adds weight, then it will also make the pellet drop through the layers of water quicker and make getting bites even harder.I have watched people who are just starting to fish the wag, and the biggest problem i have seen is they try and fish to far out for the catty. i would suggest try catapulting a few pellets out, and when you can comfortably get them out there without over exerting the catapult then fish at that distance. I have also found that the elastic on some pults is not adequate to withstand the amount of stick you give it on the course of a day, and the pouches are pants as well.I have a catty that i use for my wag fishing that is a milo metal frame and a black drennan elastic, and a mesh pouch and it is absolutely spot on, it will ping out pellets as tight as you need. I would also suggest to anyone who is starting out on the wag to always carry a spare set of elastic and a spare pouch, as it is a proper bummer when it goes half way throuh a session, and they are having it big style, it cost me a first one day and that was a lot more than a spare set of gear
                  cheers
                  Dave

Comment

A more in depth explanation to what i said by UIW.
                    What pouch is it mate as i can't find one that suits. Will try that Drennan laccy though.
                    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did notice that the elastic seemed a lot softer than normal so i switched it to a drennan blue medium elastic and found this helped. Pouch wise its a mesh pouch but not material, more of a cross between material and plastic. When i was feeding i did find that half a dozen worked a lot better than 3 or so. Ah well, only way to find out is to get back fishing..... shame :-)

Comment

twen they are 30p a pint it dont matter nath u tight ,if ur spending a few hundred a month wats a few quid
                        Last edited by hurricane; 3 September 2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Where ya get pellets 30p a pint? Get me 500 pints please!

Comment

twenty five kilo sack has 73/4 pints in it for 22 quid work it out doh

Comment

I can't get em that cheap! Anyway, most places you have to use "Fishery" pellets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X