Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Chick peas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick peas

Been using them for my carp fishing for years. Got to be one of the most under rated baits out there. Cheap and easy to prepare and flavour.

Infact i know for a fact some very big carp have been caught on them in Britain by some very well known anglers. Just that there usually "awarded" to certain types of boilies for sponsership etc. And the same goes for tiger nuts.

They were so secret at one time we used to call them googligarnas(best spelling i can come up with),but i think the secret is safe on here,you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.you can lead an angler to water but you cant make him think.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Sorry to sound thick but have never seen them, what do you do with them?Are they like Maple peas(Gray Payes as they are colloquially known), do you have to soak/boil them?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick120 View Post
        Sorry to sound thick but have never seen them, what do you do with them?Are they like Maple peas(Gray Payes as they are colloquially known), do you have to soak/boil them?
        North West Carp: Chick Peas for Carp Take a look here,just about all you could wish to know about them.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

ive read the link and im quite interested in the mention of bream and im wondering if it would be worth having a day on the feeder using these, any suggestions

Comment

Hi Hawd81, i have just started to put some freebys i'to Haverholme park , and i will give them a go on wed/ open, see Haverholme's results on wed-evening. dave

Comment

chickpeas.. awesome bait for big carp.. had some fantastic results stalking and using them in the margins.. you cant cast them out as they are too soft.. use them in the margins or pva bags.. superb in a particle mix very under-rated and hardly used.. plus you can flavour them.. i had great results with curry flavoured chick peas
              for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

Comment

Originally posted by lakeman View Post
                Hi Hawd81, i have just started to put some freebys i'to Haverholme park , and i will give them a go on wed/ open, see Haverholme's results on wed-evening. dave
                look forward to hearing how you get on with these and what you catch

Comment

I wonder what a bit of humous stiffened up a bit with curry powder would be like?
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

humous and curry powder with pitta bread is lovelly stuff the fish!

Comment

lakeman, how did it go with the chickpeas, someone told me they dont work in the cold, is it best to leave them till next year or is there still time to give them a bash

Comment

Working...
                      X