Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

maaggits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maaggits

i was just wondering if maggoys work well in winter for fishing snake lakes in the winter most of my fishing is all pellet but what i though was with maggots you can catch everything that swims which is a good thing in the winter

wondering whats your take on thinngs

Maggots and corn are the only 2 baits in winter on my local snake lake. You can catch on expanders if you draw a flyer but maggots and corn are a safer bet.

Comment

Yep, I'd always have some with me.

Carl.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

bread punch ent bad in the winter
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Allways have maggots with me in winter mate

Comment

Originally posted by stevie yome View Post
            Allways have maggots with me in winter mate
            I have them with me all the time.

They'll catch when all else fails.

Comment

Droid is right, no arguments.
              I have yet to come across a species of fish that won't eat maggots and that includes Pike and Zander, have caught both on the humble maggy.
              Winter is a weird time on commies especially snakes. Sometimes not feeding at all is the way and if you do put so much as a pot of bait in you've blown it.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Used maggots yesterday on a commercial, the first time in ages (took my 2 young girls fishing) i was amazed at the results! bream to 2 lb and carp to double figures using just a top 2 and half a pint of maggots!
                It has certainly changed my perception if im honest, until now i had been a pellet, corn or meat man, but certainly got me thinking now!
                To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Working...
                X