Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

cheap worms and wormerys??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap worms and wormerys??????

hi everyone

I am sure I am not the only one who thinks worms are a bit expensive to say the least. does anyone know anywhere to get cheap worms from i.e. worm farms e.t.c near sheffield. also just wondering if anyone has had a go at breeding there own and how easy it is and what the results are like. I fish small club matches but when using worms it costs a lot and if i frame i am winning all but nowt, I still do it but would love to find a cheaper way. any help would be great.

cheers gin

Go to your nearest stables and ask them can you dig through the horse muck heap.
    For lobbys go to your local council depot and ask them where they pile up all the leaf litter.
    Keeping a wormery is a pain, i found.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

worms

Originally posted by ginerS26 View Post
      hi everyone

I am sure I am not the only one who thinks worms are a bit expensive to say the least. does anyone know anywhere to get cheap worms from i.e. worm farms e.t.c near sheffield. also just wondering if anyone has had a go at breeding there own and how easy it is and what the results are like. I fish small club matches but when using worms it costs a lot and if i frame i am winning all but nowt, I still do it but would love to find a cheaper way. any help would be great.

cheers gin
      even if you go to the wormery theres not much savings than the outlet i agree with you they are daylight robbery i fish open matches and dont buy them just not worth it when someone pays about £3 for a bag of pellets and a few expanders and gets the same results

Comment

I didn't think the price was too bad in Sheff. I only pleasure fish now but still buy plenty of worm especially when the temp drops.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Worms are still dear round our way m8. i agree with bream god about pellets and the price sends me towards buying them instead, but with it dropping off a bit and me targeting pure silvers with few carp dont know if im as confident with pellets at the moment. im on side farm and a lot of matches get won on worm.

Comment

Worms are still dear round our way m8. i agree with bream god about pellets and the price sends me towards buying them instead, but with it dropping off a bit and me targeting pure silvers with few carp dont know if im as confident with pellets at the moment. im on side farm and a lot of matches get won on worm.
            plenty of maggots does the same job bought a gallon of red maggots for a fiver on saturday from conisborough maggot farm came 3rd with 70lb of f1s and ide on sunday result without the expense

Comment

What do you call dear 1/2 a kilo £9 from my local

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                What do you call dear 1/2 a kilo £9 from my local
                worms£9
                casters 2pts£6
                maggots£5
                groundbait£5
                total £25
                pellet angler£3
                no comparison really?
                plus any pellets left after session can take home and use anytime

Comment

Where you fishing to need that lot, the fitzy canal

Comment

thats not alot of bait but thats what you need to cover all options,what if you need to go shallow i would struggle not to run out of bait by 2oclock at the moment we are using 6-8pts of maggots to fish on the deck

Comment

Just a little curious about your adding up breamgod, you say a fiver a gallon for maggot then add a couple of pints of caster & maggot to 11 quid. Where you fishing ?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                        Just a little curious about your adding up breamgod, you say a fiver a gallon for maggot then add a couple of pints of caster & maggot to 11 quid. Where you fishing ?
                        unless you can get a gallon for a fiver you end up going to a tackle shop 2pts of maggots=£5,1pt of casters @£3.i know my adding up is bang on so average joe has a bait bill size of a weekly shopping bill,thats the reason why i dont go down the worm route,been there and got the tshirt when we used to team fish on the stainy and junky

Comment

Still the same question mate, where are you fishing?

Comment

barnburgh lakes stuffed with fish

Comment

Working...
                            X