Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

feeding worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding worms

help needed please with keeping worms. i havent managed to get out fishing for 3 weeks now and i still have 1/2 a kilo of worms left over . i do understand that when you buy worms there is a small amount of food in the sack but i wanted to feed them last week so i put some mash spud in with them i didnt add milk or salt to the mash so i thought i had done it all correct. but tonight i thought i would put another mashed spud in with them but when i opened the sack the mash spud that i put in last week had just gone all furey on the top but all my worms were still alive. do i put the mash under the dirt or just put it on the top and hope that thay find it. can you guys tell me what went wrong.as i could do with keeping them for at least another 1 may be 2 weeks thanks.............

Feed them with instant mashed potato, mixed to the consistency of thick gravy, and keep them damp and they should keep and breed, and last for ages.

Comment

how oftern do i feed them

Comment

it's probably better to feed them with about a quarter of the amount of worms that you have, and check them after a fortnight, you will soon see how much and how often to feed. I keep mine in the bag they came in, on the garage floor, I have added fresh worm as I get it and this bag has been going for years.

Comment

For half a kilo of worms you only need two sloppy spoonfuls of instant mash mate, only once every few weeks. I've always chucked in a couple of burst teabags too.
          [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

i think that i will get some instent mash and try it one of the lads from work said thay i am feeding them to mutch i put in 1 mashed spud for 1/2 a kilo of worms. he thinks this sounds to mutch just put in 2 pee sized lumps to keep them going but i dont think this sounds enogh. and by the look of dicks comments it sounds ok..........

Comment

Working...
            X