Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

ideas on good baits to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas on good baits to use?

i'm off on my hols the week after next and will be spending the week at centre parcs in elveden. i know that the lake was originally "stocked" rather than natural but i seriously doubt there have been any extra stockings of late and as a consequence i suspect that it may be naturalised and that the pellet approach may not work. i will be taking corn and meat as standbys along with some plastic maggots but i don't think that they sell bait on site, any ideas?
    there will be 4 of us in the cabin with 8 others milling about so maggs or worms in the fridge is a nono.
    i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Bread,catches most species,weathers cooling down,its worth a go.
    have a good holiday.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

What MT said. Or take a tub of worms and leave them outside.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Seems to be quite a bit of info on this lake on the net. I fished a place that sounds similar the other year and had a ball with nice carp on floatfished meat...big chunks dipped in predator plus.

Have had some great results lately on ground hemp. Liquidise it raw, then knock it up with some boiling water before you head out, has made a big difference for me on my local in getting them going quicker.

I wouldn't discount pellets entirely, and if I were going would definately give the pellet paste a bash, if your place is a bit more ea natural, try bread/cheese paste.

Prawns, mussels, cat food......
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

take the bait your going with pellet,corn and meat if you dont catch owt spend the rest of the week talking about fishing with a pint in front of you either way youll enjoy the holiday.enjoy your time there

Comment

Originally posted by breamgod View Post
            take the bait your going with pellet,corn and meat if you dont catch owt spend the rest of the week talking about fishing with a pint in front of you either way youll enjoy the holiday.enjoy your time there
            Don't u answer phone or reply to texts!!??

Comment

thanks guys, will take a loaf and get to digging in the garden, teetotal by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                Don't u answer phone or reply to texts!!??
                only now and again ill phone u this morning sorry

Comment

apparently they have a no livebait rule, which applies to maggots and worms?! wtf, time to break out the plastic maggots then.

Comment

That's probably because they don't want an outbreak of flies in the lodge when the maggies escape!
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Working...
                    X