Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bait Bans..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait Bans..

Went to a fishery near me yesterday and they had a ruling which baffled me somewhat(no hemp allowed) ??why would this be....please enlighten me anyone.

Hemp is banned in hundreds of venues always has been
    Years ago they used to think it grew on the bottom
    also many thought it Drugged the fish
    Antiquated ideas that still exist in many areas
    Colin

Comment

Yeh, lots still ban it. Shame though, its a great holding bait
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

some of the baitbans and fishery rules baffle me . i think that the nfa shou8ld get together with fishery owners and compile a generic set of rules for all commercials.

Comment

If it catches fish ban it ,can't believe they have'nt banned poles yet!......... Thats carbon by-way.
          Behind a successful man is a good woman, behind an unsuccessful man is the other woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar View Post
            If it catches fish ban it ,can't believe they have'nt banned poles yet!......... Thats carbon by-way.
            About time they did Edgar!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickangler View Post
              Went to a fishery near me yesterday and they had a ruling which baffled me somewhat(no hemp allowed) ??why would this be....please enlighten me anyone.
              Drug innit!?

Comment

hemp

There's no doubt that roach love the taste of hemp,but overall i think the main reason being it resembles water snails. Once stood on the Witham bank with Dennis Seeds from Sheffield ,the river was in a bit of flood with floating weed comming down and a mass of roach feeding under the floating weed, so we dragged some weed out and it was full of
                water snails about the same size as hempseed. So this could be the reason they love hemp?
                Behind a successful man is a good woman, behind an unsuccessful man is the other woman.

Comment

Still hav'nt been told why it should be banned,clearly no one seems to know,looks like i'll have to ask the owner,best not upset him though he looks like a bulldog chewin a wasp.lol

Comment

Which one was it Mick (you can PM me if you don't want to say on the forum).
                    The one I am thinking of is about using their own pellets and groundbait as the main bulk feed, to, I guess, control what goes in and what the fish feed on as their bulk diet. Perhaps nothing against hemp, but more about control of the diet.

Comment

Working...
                    X