Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter

what do all use feed and how much im fishing for carp from 2 to 10lb on snake lakes anu help plllleaaazzzeee ?

On snake lakes in winter can be anthing from as little as 3-4 micros depends on venue really.

Comment

sounds about rite that i fish around four foot deep in winter on my local and then at bottom of far slope which is 6 foot but i feed about 15 micros at 6 foot with the 4 foot deep swim being my main line only dropping on the bottom of the slope every hour

Comment

Originally posted by Rob pearson View Post
        sounds about rite that i fish around four foot deep in winter on my local and then at bottom of far slope which is 6 foot but i feed about 15 micros at 6 foot with the 4 foot deep swim being my main line only dropping on the bottom of the slope every hour
        dont forget the silvers rob can double your weight on certain days

Comment

your right bream god im sure you and andy will give me a good beating this winter on maggots now the ide and skimmers are worth catching

Comment

Its not cold enough yet to really worry about not feeding. Pellets are losing their attraction but the carp on my local are going mad for the maggot and bread punch is holding its own as well. Feed a kinder pot full leave for 10 mins then drop in with 2 dead reds on the hook. Feed 2 lines like this to the far bank tight as you can get and feed one then go in on the other

Comment

what do you feed on the punch

Comment

Liquidized bread and a few maggots. Place all your shot around your float and let the bread flutter about on the drop. Carp find it hard to resist and so do the roach

Comment

Won today using maggots and bread. 54lb 8oz next best weight 33lb

Comment

some days soaked micros with bread
                    some days just micros and some days just bread with a little garlic in it.
                    all depends on weather really and wether its a cold winter day, hot winter day or been raining.
                    remember, some winter days can be rather hot unexpectidly and the fish will responde differently

Comment

Working...
                    X