Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Marukyu - anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marukyu - anyone tried it?

if so which one did you use and any good? i have treid the 121 groundbait and 1mm pellets on method, mixed feeliing with it, not sure if the fish back off not knowing what it is..anyone else think this?
    Just one more cast!

expensive Im far to tight to pay for any of it. Bread or corn proven winners that take some beating at a fraction of the price.

Comment

I have tried it ,and the jury`s still out i`m afraid........................
      [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/PoleKillerphotos/dark_side_cookies.gif[/IMG]

Comment

not at them prices rip off

Comment

Have tried it too, and the only result is a foul hooked tench.
          Had much better success with boilies, corn and meat.

Comment

Originally posted by tunna View Post
            not at them prices rip off
            Likewise m8, £7.00 for 900gms. of g/bait i dont think so !!! when u get 2kilo,s of sonu for £6.00 + a £2.00 feeder free [ if it,s the Match Method Mix ].
            MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

The fluffy paste they sell looked quite good in principle in the youtube vids, but a 6 quid a bag I'll take thier word for it.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

the problem is match blokes dont no to much about it, and yes the price is steap but i was speaking to the rep the other day and he was telling me about some of the products and what they do most of it is for the big carp game but i told him i like silver fishing so he pointed out 2 different bags of ground bait to mix for silvers and pointed out a bottle of there juice which i no is £7 but you only put a cap full in your corn and i have had people come in the shop buying it saying the same that it works well it might or might not work, i no its a new bait and needs to grow with more people using it and passing on good reports
                [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Have used the EFG and whilst the fish didn't back off it, it didn't improve the catch rate either when switching to normal fishmeal.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

What amazes me is how many people dismiss it without even trying it!

Comment

same as maggots....its never gonna catch on
                      In darkness we do what we can
                      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I Have used the grounbait that was recommended to me for Bream and found it no better or worse than grounbaits less than half the price. Will give it another go before winter sets in but not convinced. And at £ 7.00 a bag it makes it expensive when attacking a Bream peg by balling in.

Comment

for skimmers look at the efg 101 and 100 bags they am only 3.99 a bag mate half and half mixes
                          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Thats all I keep hearing from anyone who has tried it 'that its not any better than existing products but twice the price'

I like the theory in principle but the practice doesnt seem to live up to the hype. Lets put it this way on the county champs last week my mate Perry Stone drew next to a Marukyu sponsored angler and before the match they had the banter and both gave it large about who would win with their bait..... Perry won the match with 60lb and the Marukyu guy had 12lb...... QED!
                            Simon Young
                            Admin
                            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Its a good point Simon.

I'm guessing (and not dismissing it by any means, as I used to fish them all the time), but would say that quite a few who tried it have been on commercial fisheries?

As I said on the other page, I have had no success.

I fish our club waters carp lake, but it is not stuffed with carp, but has carp 20lb+, and have also tried it on another lake of the club, which also used to be good for carp.
                              I wouldn't even say it was no better or worse than other baits. I have had bites on corn, boilie and worm, but not even a sniff on the paste.

I might have a visit to a commie to give it a go, and see how I get on compared to meat which has been my usual bait.

Comment

Working...
                              X