Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worms

Hi All,

I need some advice on where to get big quantities of worms for a cheap price.

I live in sheffield, and i am sick of going out and digging my own, my local tackle shop charges £15-£20 for a kilo - which if you go every week gets a bit expensive.

Does anyone know of a better way to get worms at a cheap price?

Or failing that, what about building my own compost heap to bread them in ? how long it takes to get a decent amount of worms that are going to last a while?

Thanks for you responses in advance.

Hi Rasta,

I'm afraid what you are paying is the norm mate. We get ours from Waggler Worms they are fantastic and last ages if kept in the right conditions cold and dark.

Try and search the archives mate you will find a lot of info in there regarding worms. The question has been asked times many.

Hope to come to a sucessful conclusion.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

i remember justincase wrote a big thread on breeding worms, if you could find that, that'd cover all the bases
      Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishing-Rasta View Post
        Hi All,

I need some advice on where to get big quantities of worms for a cheap price.

I live in sheffield, and i am sick of going out and digging my own, my local tackle shop charges £15-£20 for a kilo - which if you go every week gets a bit expensive.

Does anyone know of a better way to get worms at a cheap price?

Or failing that, what about building my own compost heap to bread them in ? how long it takes to get a decent amount of worms that are going to last a while?

Thanks for you responses in advance.
        Should be able to get Dendras for less than £15 and you can get a load of lobbys off the grass on a damp night and reds from a muck heap if you can find a good 1 and can be bothered! Failing that you can get lobbys and eatthworms (not sure if they're the same thing!?) by digging the garden or graves!
        NathanWatson
        Talk Angling User
        Last edited by NathanWatson; 24 September 2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Rasta Man, just go find a local stables and speak nicely to the young ladies who run it - then go diggin in the oldest manure heap you can find.... if its a goodun you can easily get a kilo of pure redworms in half an hour every week, they are always in the top 3 inches of the heap and if you are going there week in week out just take some damp newspaper with you and lay it down and cover it with 3 inch of muck - when you come back next week it will be solid!
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
          X